Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Data Disconnect & Can't Reconnect Issue

OP VTHockey11

9th May 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hey Guys,

Got my brand new GS5 on Tuesday this week but I've run into a pretty major data connection issue and I'm unable to identify a root cause for it.

Essentially, when I leave my phone on overnight I wake up with no data connection. The wifi is disconnected, and even though my phone shows it is picking up the network, I can't load any sites or do anything using LTE. Additionally, the wifi isn't only disconnected, the wifi function is literally turned off. When I try to toggle wifi back on, the toggle goes a light shade of green, like it's stuck trying to turn back on, and never turns on.

Eventually I have to restart my phone and it works just fine again. This has happened on 2 of 3 mornings since I've purchased the phone and only seems to happen after extended down time for the phone. I'm thinking of exchanging the phone (this would be my 3rd GS5 as the first one didn't recognize any headphones.)

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread