How to go back to JellyBean from KitKat with working SafeStrap+Root (Not official KK)
This tutorial is for people with A2 Bootloader only. If you are already on official KK with A3 bootloader, don't use this since it will fail.
A lot of people are wondering how to go back to JB roms from Kitkat. So here's a little guide of how to do that without downgrading back to MJ5.
Assuming you are already on Kitkat rom with root and Safestrap installed.
Please download this togetsafestrap first. DOWNLOAD ME FIRST
Extract the togetsafestrap folder somewhere you can access easily. ( Credit to Drakey for togetsafestrap method)
**** First backup all the data especially your phone internal storage since everything will be deleted. *****
1. Download the JB rom of your choice and copy it to external SD card.
Skip step 2 & 3 if you are not on SafeStrap 3.7.2
2. Uninstall the SafeStrap recovery.
3. Delete/Uninstall the SafeStrap 3.7.2 apk.
4. Install the SafeStrap 3.71 and install the recovery. (please make sure it says installed.)
5. Put your phone into download mode by either press power, restart, download mode if your rom has 4 ways reboot OR power the phone down, load into download mode by holding volume down+Power+Home buttons for few secs.
6. Connect to the pc. (Make sure all the drivers and everything is configured correctly.)
7. Open Odin from the extracted togetsafestrap folder earlier. Your phone should show up as connected.
8. Put AP and BL from togetsafestrap and press start.
9. Once everything is done successfully, the phone will reboot.
10. Now you should see the Safestrap recovery splash screen and click recovery.
11. Now make sure you wipe everything. (Dalvik cache, cache, data, system under Advance)
12. Install the JB rom of your choice from your external SD card
13. Once the rom is successfully flashed, just reboot it normally and you will be back to JellyBean rom with fully working Safestrap.
Let me know if you have any questions.
All credit to Hash and Drakey.
Thanks to Conekiller for those who have trouble installing 3.71. Please try out the method he did and report back if it works same for you.
Originally Posted by Conekiller2
For those of you having the issue with safestrap 3.71 not installing the recovery here is the way i was able to do it.
Reinstall the 3.72 recovery
boot into safestrap recovery
wipe rom slot
flash (install) desired jb rom via safestrap
go back to main menu
reboot and select download
odin files from op
setup as usual
install safestrap 3.71
it will show newer recovery
hit uninstall recovery
hit install recovery
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?