Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Waiting for Kitkat 4.4 for HTC Droid DNA

Tip us?
 
voxuanvy
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Waiting for Kitkat 4.4 for HTC Droid DNA

Today's Date 04/12/2014 (Vietnam) as well as the date 04/11/2014 (USA), we expect a new update for the HTC Droid DNA, which is Android 4.4 (code name KitKat) along with traffic Sense 5.5 interface. Hope everything goes well. Only 4 more days ...
 
xlxcrossing
Old
(Last edited by xlxcrossing; 12th April 2014 at 08:49 PM.)
#2  
xlxcrossing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,159
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Soquel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxuanvy View Post
Today's Date 04/12/2014 (Vietnam) as well as the date 04/11/2014 (USA), we expect a new update for the HTC Droid DNA, which is Android 4.4 (code name KitKat) along with traffic Sense 5.5 interface. Hope everything goes well. Only 4 more days ...
Followed up on your claim that any official dates have been confirmed, they haven't. Most recent information as stated by HTC is target 2nd week of April. That's not a confirmation of any specific date especially since the update is with Verizon right now to get final certification. If you have specific information from a source to say otherwise please post.
 
phrite
Old
#3  
phrite's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 68
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stato della Cittą del Vaticano
Agreeing with xlxcrossing. Everything i see shows the 2nd week of April. if you have diff info please share. otherwise here is where i got my info.

http://motoringcrunch.com/news/htc-d...ging/10012474/
 
voxuanvy
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jan 2009
If they are to meet the target launch of April this should mean that KitKat 4.4 should arrive before 14 April. Detail :

http://motoringcrunch.com/news/htc-d...nging/10012474
 
detonation
Old
#5  
detonation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 431
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
The update is probably ready and likely has been for weeks. I'm blaming Verizon on this one. Its the Thunderbolt all over again...
Droid > Droid Incredible > Droid X > Galaxy Nexus > Droid Razr Maxx > Galaxy S3 > Droid DNA > Moto X > LG G2
 
Li'l Android
Old
#6  
Li'l Android's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Harrison, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonation View Post
The update is probably ready and likely has been for weeks. I'm blaming Verizon on this one. Its the Thunderbolt all over again...
I think the Heartbleed bug fix may be to blame.
 
Jaggar345
Old
#7  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 1,084
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Amston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Android View Post
I think the Heartbleed bug fix may be to blame.
That doesn't have anything to do with rolling an update out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Jweimn
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Android View Post
I think the Heartbleed bug fix may be to blame.
Technically OS wise only 4.1.1 was vulnerable. No other versions were
 
Li'l Android
Old
#9  
Li'l Android's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Harrison, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jweimn View Post
Technically OS wise only 4.1.1 was vulnerable. No other versions were
Thanks. At the time I posted I thought that version was the only one not affected. Guess I had it backwards. I wonder though, if resources could have been diverted to help fix that version.
 
Jweimn
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l Android View Post
Thanks. At the time I posted I thought that version was the only one not affected. Guess I had it backwards. I wonder though, if resources could have been diverted to help fix that version.
I'm sure resources could have been but at the same time Google said it was a low percentage of devices that even have that version. I'd like to say it was like 1-3% or something that low so it probably wasn't too high on the list to fix. I do think their is a patch they have out though

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes