Must have apps

Search This thread

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
Always I have approached applications with the "what is the goal" altitude. Defining done, the search is more efficiently accomplished.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dtaylorr

commodorefork

Jan 6, 2012
Here are my recommended apps. I'd post links but as a new user I'm not allowed to. Oh well. :)

Infinite Painter
This is the best painting/drawing app I've used so far. The ability to rotate the canvas on-the-fly while you're drawing is especially useful. The paint-blending is surprisingly realistic. It looks like painting with an actual brush. The interaction with the s-pen is perfect.

QuickPic
It's essentially a superior replacement for the default picture gallery app. A problem I had with android's photo gallery was that it included all the folders on my overfull sd-card, which made looking for pictures extremely frustrating. QuickPic lets you exclude folders (or even your entire sd-card). Also it's free and ADFREE.

MX Player
A versatile video player. It can display subtitles.

AnyMemo
If you're looking for a flash-card app, you can't go wrong here. ;)

I'll update my list as needed. :D

dtaylorr

Here are my recommended apps. I'd post links but as a new user I'm not allowed to. Oh well. :)

Infinite Painter
This is the best painting/drawing app I've used so far. The ability to rotate the canvas on-the-fly while you're drawing is especially useful. The paint-blending is surprisingly realistic. It looks like painting with an actual brush. The interaction with the s-pen is perfect.

QuickPic
It's essentially a superior replacement for the default picture gallery app. A problem I had with android's photo gallery was that it included all the folders on my overfull sd-card, which made looking for pictures extremely frustrating. QuickPic lets you exclude folders (or even your entire sd-card). Also it's free and ADFREE.

MX Player
A versatile video player. It can display subtitles.

AnyMemo
If you're looking for a flash-card app, you can't go wrong here. ;)

I uss as well the Quick Pic app. Love that one, so much better than stock.

I tried MX Player, seemed descent enough, but I prefer Real Player.

hertsjoatmon

Dec 10, 2012
Hertfordshire (Herts)

Infinite Painter

Infinite Painter is the only other drawing app I have kept other than CloverPaint. I have tried many. sketchbook pro, layerpaint, art flow, photoshop touch, fresco paint and probably others i cant recall.
I find infinite painter is the closest to replicating real media, but CloverPaint has more functionality than any other android art programme and is starting to approach desktop aplications type levels with the (admitidly expensive) extension add on

commodorefork

Jan 6, 2012
Infinite Painter is the only other drawing app I have kept other than CloverPaint. I have tried many. sketchbook pro, layerpaint, art flow, photoshop touch, fresco paint and probably others i cant recall.
I find infinite painter is the closest to replicating real media, but CloverPaint has more functionality than any other android art programme and is starting to approach desktop aplications type levels with the (admitidly expensive) extension add on

CloverPaint, huh. ;) I haven't even heard of that one. I'll check it out. Thanks. :D

Last edited:

hertsjoatmon

Dec 10, 2012
Hertfordshire (Herts)
It's not the most intuitive. But once you have figured it out it makes sense.
unuza4yq.jpg

Screen shot of the ui

Sent from my iPhone

jazzmachine

Jan 9, 2013
Chicago
I wasn't too big on QuickPic, but I really like F-Stop. Never been a fan of the stock gallery. Actually my favorite replacement gallery was installed when I installed a Lenovo Camera apk on my Note 3, called SEEit gallery, but never bothered to test it on my Note 8.

dtaylorr

Wish

CloverPaint, huh. ;) I haven't even heard of that one. I'll check it out. Thanks. :D

It's not the most intuitive. But once you have figured it out it makes sense.
unuza4yq.jpg

Screen shot of the ui

Sent from my iPhone

I wish I could draw, then I would use one of these. However, I seem to have no drawing skills.

commodorefork

Jan 6, 2012
I wish I could draw, then I would use one of these. However, I seem to have no drawing skills.

I'm in the same boat. Never had much artistic talent. Still doesn't prevent me from playing around with these fancy drawing apps regardless. :)

Here's my new wallpaper I managed to make in Infinite Painter in about five minutes.

Looks pretty good on my purrty screen!

I'm thinking an Impressionist style painting would be a less challenging project for someone who is less "artistically endowed". I'll be testing out my theory soon. ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Always I have approached applications with the "what is the goal" altitude. Defining done, the search is more efficiently accomplished.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk