Is Clean Master really necessary for Android phones?

Search This thread

bfstunoodle

Apr 12, 2014
Los Angeles
Dear Forum:

I recently switched from iPhone 5S to Xperia Z1c, I was a long time iOS user and now I'm getting to like to Android OS. I have installed an App called Clean Master, it helps you boost your phone's memory and clean junk files to maximize storage. This app raised my concern, does Android OS needs constantly use apps like Clean Master to boost the phone's memory and clean up storage? When using iPhones I never had to worry about whether the memory is low and needs a boost or clearing junk files. So is it highly recommended to have an app like Clean Master around when using Android? I'm not saying this is inconvenient but just want to be clear if apps like this is a must.

Thank you

Bodomizer

Nov 27, 2011
short answer: no
those cleaning tools are often advertised as miracle ways to speed up your device, but android, as the modern OS it is, can liberate resources when it needs them, the only situation you could use an app like clean master is when you're low on storage and need to clean the cache from all apps

Last edited:

bfstunoodle

Apr 12, 2014
Los Angeles
those cleaning tools are often advertised as miracle ways to speed up your device, but android, as the modern OS it is, can liberate resources when it needs them, the only situation you could use an app like clean master is when you're low on storage and need to clean the cache from all apps

Thank you,

that's what I also incline to believe. Thanks for confirming it for me. :good::good:

Dennydap

Mar 31, 2014
Indonesia
I usually use Clean Master to kill background processes that takes too much space on RAM, also to clean caches.

It's all up to you anyway:)

kamandoni

Aug 5, 2014
cleaning application it was has a good function

Yeah necessary, it think. Because these applications clean up junk data that is not shown and we never realize. When we install an application then the application will be updated, and when the application is updated then there would be new data and an additional. Once we no longer need the application, and when we uninstall, then just deleted the application only while the additional data is not be lost and these things that we never realized, it has become duty cleaning applications to clean up this problem so that there empty space on the ram
try to learn because there are still other good function;)

german221

Dec 30, 2014
Clean master can definitely speed up an old device by removing stored up cache and removing bloatware (if rooted).

mrtim63

Nov 1, 2012
Clean Master claims to help battery life but I have tested it using another S3 setup exactly the same and the battery drain is identical. Is there any battery app that actually improves battery life. I'm using an S3 with Lollipop (OCT-L ROM)

zen_livin

Jul 6, 2008
Bikini Bottom
having cleaning program on android its like having anti virus on you android, not really necessary but everyone use it, but if you have high spec of android device, you can install whatever you want and will not slowing down your device, btw you can clean your app cache in, "setting-app-downloaded-clear app cache" so the choice is your

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Dear Forum:

I recently switched from iPhone 5S to Xperia Z1c, I was a long time iOS user and now I'm getting to like to Android OS. I have installed an App called Clean Master, it helps you boost your phone's memory and clean junk files to maximize storage. This app raised my concern, does Android OS needs constantly use apps like Clean Master to boost the phone's memory and clean up storage? When using iPhones I never had to worry about whether the memory is low and needs a boost or clearing junk files. So is it highly recommended to have an app like Clean Master around when using Android? I'm not saying this is inconvenient but just want to be clear if apps like this is a must.

Thank you
SD Maid [free/paid] on the Play Store is specifically "made" for such things. hah! CCleaner--formerly Crap Cleaner was a long-time favorite on the PC and now it's for android, and it's free.

TiTiB (tweak it 'til it breaks :) ∆ Galaxy Tab S

prateekbiswas

Jul 19, 2015
Dear Forum:

Thank you

Cleanmaster is an app whose size is quite big (takes space of 3 320 kbps mp3 files) and full of adwares. You will not be wishing to waste your mobile data by seeing those unnecessary ads. So better don't download, because it is not necessary at all, and there would be a time when you will be fed up with the ads it shows up!

If you are looking for a serious app, look for GREENIFY.
Note- This app hibernates background process. And yes, if you are rooted, this app is gonna help you a lot by saving your battery, when coupled with Xposed Frameword, i too use this. Your RAM will be free mostly, which cleanmaster fakes!
All the best!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have used clean master for years... Until recently. I would still use it except I also have been using cm security and it would be great if they used 1 app... Especially since both do the same things basically except clean master also has a deep cleaning and is not as great on virus scanning and vice versa for cm security. I do highly recommend a virus scanner especially if you are downloading and all that other stuff. So anyway I decided that I would just get rid of clean master and even though it was linked to my sd card through link2sd it was taking up nearly 20% of my internal memory!! So I don't recommend clean master any longer... I haven't found anything to replace cm security but I've been thinking about going back to AVG which I use on my computer. I did install CCleaner on my phone and it works pretty well so I might use CCleaner and AVG just like on my PC!!
    Be careful with those apps. They are known for having security issues. To be honest cleaners are useless for the most part. A good root file Explorer is all you really need. Virus scanners on Android are pointless. They are designed to pick up viruses but not what you would consider a virus on Android.