!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!
This is a modified stock firmware. It is bascially how I run my own phone (with a few exceptions to make it more generic). I will update it if I make any major changes (likely with the kernel).
- Updated to 25B base
- XCamLG v5.1.1 included and will wake screen with longpress vol-down
- Updated to 25A base
- Full ART support. Enable it under Developer options > Select runtime.
- XCamLG v5.0.0 included and will wake screen with longpress vol-down
- Includes xdabbeb camera mod v3.2.0
- App ops included (Settings > Security)
- Multitasking option in list view settings
- Screen recording (adb)
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 6/20/2014
- Includes xdabbeb kernel v1.1.1
- Defaults to Ondemand with stock Qualcomm MPDecision.
- If you want to use Interactive, create a file named "interactive" (w/o quotes, content of file irrelevant) on root of sdcard. This will switch governor on reboot and set the appropriate MPDecision (showp's)
- Includes fix for LG's Alarm Clock posted in thread
- Revert volume steps for voice-call only
- A few minor UI changes that I forgot to include since first version (no carrier label on lockscreen, enable Swing lockscreen option, get rid of am/pm in statusbar)
- G3 Keyboard
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 6/9/2014
- Include changes for upcoming Camera mod v3.1.0
- LG Video Player from G Pro 2 (better/automatic handling of slow motion videos)
- Added tunables for Ondemand gov I had forgotten to include in v1.1.0
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 5/2/2014
- Splitview from G Pro 2 fully ported
- LG's root checker reset and bypassed
- Boot check defeated (remove more apps if you want)
- Interactive governor now default
- Tunables set for balanced perf/batt
- Return to Ondemand: create empty file named /sdcard/xdabbebgov
- XDABBEB's VS980 Kernel:
- Removed useless governors, and trimmed the fat
- Only Interactive/OnDemand/Performance remain
- Latest source
- Fully optimized linaro 4.9.1 kernel/module build
- Increased volume steps: 30 for music/media, 15 for the rest
- Base image trimmed further
- Many LG apps removed and are available in separate zip
- Google apps all updated to current versions as of 5/1/14 and are available in separate zip
- Removed many unneeded system services to reduce resource usage
- New bootstack zip uploaded with files from kdz (ocd).
- Based on Stock LG VS98024A Firmware
- Modified kernel based on 24A source and built with linaro 4.7.4 tc
- XDABBEB's Camera Mod with all features from G Pro 2
- Magic Focus
- Chroma Flash
- 120fps Video (with improved brightness)
- 4kUHD Video
- GB HDR (Note: first hdr photo may hang cam)
- Noise Reduction lessened
- IA Mode shutter speed set at 1/15 min
- Improved photo/video quality
- Video player can slow down playback below 0.5x
- Wireless Hotspot Provisioning Fix
- Removed all 3rd-Party apps & help videos
- Call Recording (option inside Call Settings)
- Reboot Menu
- Init.d support
- Busybox v1.22.1
- Removed persistent wifi notification
- Fix TangibleIO bug with smaller NAV bar
- NAV bar button config (thanks @Cloudyfa!)
How to Install:
- Peform a full nandroid backup.
- If you already have a full 25B bootstack by going through a carrier OTA or the method here or some other method and are running TWRP 184.108.40.206, you may skip to step 5. Otherwise continue to step 3.
- If you are coming from 10b, 11a, 12b, 24a, or 25a you must first update your entire bootstack to be compatible by flashing xdabbeb_vs98025b_bootstack.zip below after verifying the md5.
- This includes a thermally-governed TWRP 220.127.116.11 (thanks @dr87!).
- This process will wipe your laf partition to allow fastboot mode (thanks @JackpotClavin!). This is a safety measure so that if anything goes wrong (aside from an aboot write failure), we still have a means to recover your phone to a working state. If you wish to learn more about fastboot mode, please search. There are countless resources that describe its use and benefits.
- If you wish to restore the Download Mode functionality ONLY after successfully installing this rom, you can flash the xdabbeb_restore_dl_mode.zip file below after verifying the md5 and that your aboot is v12b.
- After flashing the bootstack zip, reboot back into recovery (twrp has an option to do this directly from it's root menu > reboot > recovery). If you fail to do so and get caught in a loop, do the following to manually get back into recovery:
- Unplug the usb cable if it is plugged in
- Hold down power + volume down...the phone will turn off, but don't release them yet. It will flash LG logo for a split second and then turn off completely and stay off. You may release the buttons now.
- Press and hold power + volume down. when you see the LG logo release the power button ONLY and then quickly press it and hold again until you boot into recovery.
- Hit power twice to enter recovery
- Do a full wipe of system/data/dalvik-cache/cache within twrp. You should leave internal storage alone.
- Flash the latest firmware version below after verifying the md5.
- OPTIONAL: All of the removed LG & 3rd-party apps are in xdabbeb_vs98025b_lg_apps.zip and the removed Google apps are in xdabbeb_vs98025b_gapps.zip. Both are flashable and you can manually remove any apps you don't want before installing with WinZip, etc.
XDABBEB's VS980 v2.1.0 - MD5: d1fcd976ea4112e4f2423c1a337a7cb9
Removed LG Apps - MD5: ec6d1982e9dfeb270b91c226b4ef0818
Removed Google Apps - MD5: 431f4bc53aa071677ad2cd9a255dfc5b
XDABBEB's VS98025B Boostack - MD5: 3d50c40d16c98b1e503351a9eb598e27
XDABBEB's VS980 v2.0.0 - MD5: 5386bfc2b47e60bf790fcc1db243f971
Removed LG Apps - MD5: d45f035462a695bceac02254b9608c12
Removed Google Apps - MD5: f820a4264ecdbeb59af1d3a3912b10b8
XDABBEB's VS98025A Boostack - MD5: 853f5022a191f1f59e5448de155fc064
Restore Download Mode - MD5: c863961de7dacb019be91d098b31dcb9
Full 24A Bootstack - only use if you're going back to a 24a rom! - MD5: 4c4e908a08494d75640d059058c141a0
Full 12B Bootstack - only use if you're going back to a 12b rom! - MD5: 561fd1a8a032011dec96e5882c0c3406
G2 Stock Keyboard - MD5: fda20773f68b3f16e6783f4859d5c371
Donations are always appreciated!
Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.
Devs: I will be providing flashable zips for some of the mods included in this release so that users can flash them separately. As such, there is no need for and I don't want anything listed here to be shared, used or uploaded elsewhere.
XDABBEB's VS980, ROM for the Verizon LG G2
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock
Current Stable Version: 2.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-12
Last Updated 2014-09-12