!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR WHILE INSTALLING/USING THIS !!!
This is a modified stock firmware. It is bascially how I run my own phone (with a few exceptions to make it more generic). I will update it if I make any major changes (likely with the kernel).
- Updated XCam to 5.2.4
- Removed a little more bloat
- Updated ART/IMS patch
- Updated Play Services/Play Store/Search to current versions
- Added Google TTS as default and removed LG's
- Updated G3 Keyboard
- Updated LG Apps and Gapps zips per above
- A few more minor changes that I can't remember
- Updated to 26A base
- Xdabbeb kernel v2.0.0 included
- OnDemand is still the default, but you can switch to a tuned interactive governor by creating /sdcard/interactive file (also turns on bricked hotplug mpdec).
- Force bricked hotplug mpdec by creating /sdcard/mpdecision file.
- Turn on CAF touchboost by creating /sdcard/touchboost file. If the file is empty, boost freq is 1036800 Hz. If you want a different one, just put the value inside the text file (no spaces). Valid options are (422400, 652800, 729600, 883200, 960000, 1036800, 1190400, 1267200, 1497600, 1574400, 1728000, 1958400, 2265600)
- If you use ART, flash the patch that fixes the race condition caused by ims when using this RT (still unregistered, may have 1/2 to 1 sec sms delay). There's a revert patch as well if you want to go back to Dalvik.
- XCamLG v5.1.2 included | Stock camera removed
- Ad-block hosts file included.
- Added Volume UP longpress hotkey customization (Settings > QuickButton).
- Minor UI changes (black statusbar, removed 4G/3G icon when WiFi connected, etc)
- Updated to 25B base
- XCamLG v5.1.1 included and will wake screen with longpress vol-down
- Updated to 25A base
- Full ART support. Enable it under Developer options > Select runtime.
- XCamLG v5.0.0 included and will wake screen with longpress vol-down
- Includes xdabbeb camera mod v3.2.0
- App ops included (Settings > Security)
- Multitasking option in list view settings
- Screen recording (adb)
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 6/20/2014
- Includes xdabbeb kernel v1.1.1
- Defaults to Ondemand with stock Qualcomm MPDecision.
- If you want to use Interactive, create a file named "interactive" (w/o quotes, content of file irrelevant) on root of sdcard. This will switch governor on reboot and set the appropriate MPDecision (showp's)
- Includes fix for LG's Alarm Clock posted in thread
- Revert volume steps for voice-call only
- A few minor UI changes that I forgot to include since first version (no carrier label on lockscreen, enable Swing lockscreen option, get rid of am/pm in statusbar)
- G3 Keyboard
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 6/9/2014
- Include changes for upcoming Camera mod v3.1.0
- LG Video Player from G Pro 2 (better/automatic handling of slow motion videos)
- Added tunables for Ondemand gov I had forgotten to include in v1.1.0
- Updated Gapps to latest as of 5/2/2014
- Splitview from G Pro 2 fully ported
- LG's root checker reset and bypassed
- Boot check defeated (remove more apps if you want)
- Interactive governor now default
- Tunables set for balanced perf/batt
- Return to Ondemand: create empty file named /sdcard/xdabbebgov
- XDABBEB's VS980 Kernel:
- Removed useless governors, and trimmed the fat
- Only Interactive/OnDemand/Performance remain
- Latest source
- Fully optimized linaro 4.9.1 kernel/module build
- Increased volume steps: 30 for music/media, 15 for the rest
- Base image trimmed further
- Many LG apps removed and are available in separate zip
- Google apps all updated to current versions as of 5/1/14 and are available in separate zip
- Removed many unneeded system services to reduce resource usage
- New bootstack zip uploaded with files from kdz (ocd).
- Based on Stock LG VS98024A Firmware
- Modified kernel based on 24A source and built with linaro 4.7.4 tc
- XDABBEB's Camera Mod with all features from G Pro 2
- Magic Focus
- Chroma Flash
- 120fps Video (with improved brightness)
- 4kUHD Video
- GB HDR (Note: first hdr photo may hang cam)
- Noise Reduction lessened
- IA Mode shutter speed set at 1/15 min
- Improved photo/video quality
- Video player can slow down playback below 0.5x
- Wireless Hotspot Provisioning Fix
- Removed all 3rd-Party apps & help videos
- Call Recording (option inside Call Settings)
- Reboot Menu
- Init.d support
- Busybox v1.22.1
- Removed persistent wifi notification
- Fix TangibleIO bug with smaller NAV bar
- NAV bar button config (thanks @Cloudyfa!)
How to Install:
- Peform a full nandroid backup.
- If you already have a full 26A bootstack by going through a carrier OTA or the method here or some other method and are running TWRP 184.108.40.206, you may skip the next step.
- If you are coming from 10b, 11a, 12b, 24a, 25a, 25b you must first update your entire bootstack to be compatible by flashing the 26A bootstack found in the VS980 Resources thread in this forum FOLLOWED by the 12b bootloader zip.
- Do a full wipe of system/data/dalvik-cache/cache within twrp. You should leave internal storage alone.
- Flash the latest firmware version below after verifying the md5.
- OPTIONAL: ALL of the removed LG & 3rd-party apps are in xdabbeb_vs98026a_lg_apps.zip and the removed Google apps are in xdabbeb_vs98026a_gapps.zip. Both are flashable and you can manually remove any apps you don't want before installing with WinZip, etc. ONCE AGAIN THESE ARE OPTIONAL. They are only provided as a courtesy to those who want access to the files. If you flash either of these and have problems, don't post in the thread...clean flash with the main firmware zip and run the firmware as originally intended.
XDABBEB's VS980 2.3.0 - MD5: 76a9fdab1d72d98b4a7bff8e1c93fe7c
Removed LG Apps - MD5: a0d3624a9268a94d1a39d6848ec5c352
Removed Google Apps - MD5: 2e66521c9153716ba55cb517ed00b3fd
ART patch - MD5: 26d305ba2e480c8d28773f3898caf0d4
Restore Download Mode - MD5: c863961de7dacb019be91d098b31dcb9 - only needed if you had flashed an older bootstack zip that enabled fastboot. Keep in mind this is a 12b laf partition and will only work paired with a 12b bootloader
G2 Stock Keyboard - MD5: 0f38f5b495b9e6a9e7cb34504533d575
ART patch revert - MD5: 29fcf46d8a124db8223c79b85a41b0b6
If you don't know the difference between bump/loki and what it means with regards flashing other firmware, then don't download or use anything in this section. Do not ask questions about this in the thread regardless. If you wish to run a bumped kernel/recovery/26A aboot, then flash the bumped zip after flashing the main rom zip. If you wish to revert back to a loki'd kernel/recovery/12b aboot, flash the loki'd zip. There is also a separate laf restore zip if you wish to use download mode while using the 26A bootloader/aboot.
Bumped xdabbeb kernel 2.0.0 + TWRP + 26A BL md5: 43c0aaa9932bba8dab6a8587973a7ee6
Loki'd xdabbeb kernel 2.0.0 + TWRP + 12B BL md5: fd5078c3a1259b38959fc23214f9430f
Download mode restore for 26A BL md5: 167b76407052e43e6ed330c8e0580185 - only needed if you had flashed an older bootstack zip that enabled fastboot. Keep in mind this is a 26a laf partition and will only work paired with a 26a bootloader
Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.
Devs: I will be providing flashable zips for some of the mods included in this release so that users can flash them separately. As such, there is no need for and I don't want anything listed here to be shared, used or uploaded elsewhere.
XDABBEB's VS980, ROM for the Verizon LG G2
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock
Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-12
Last Updated 2015-03-19