[MOD] Hboot 3.16.0.000 without red text on custom kernels.

Search This thread

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Would this modified hboot block any future ota from flashing? I know for ota to work you need stock rom and recovery but I read that stock hboot is also needed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I flashed this and it removed the text during boot up and shut down but when I enter recovery it still shows. Is this common for everyone? I am s off stock rooted. Boot loader is locked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I flashed this and it removed the text during boot up and shut down but when I enter recovery it still shows. Is this common for everyone? I am s off stock rooted. Boot loader is locked.

I don't see it when going to recovery. I also have the tampered flag removed though. Not sure if that had any effect.

Sent from my HTC One M8

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I don't see it when going to recovery. I also have the tampered flag removed though. Not sure if that had any effect.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I've done the removed tampered banner. I'm s off. I've removed red development screen text. All I can think of is that I'm on the stock nandroid of my original rooted Rom. I don't have the red text anywhere unless I boot into recovery. So maybe later I'll flash a custom Rom and see if it still exists because I backed up my Rom and it's appearing on the screen that says entering recovery.

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Hey Fenny, is there any chance of getting a Faux Locked Hboot?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Do when they're is a non stock splash screen the red text shows back up. I flashed renovate and now I have the red text back. It's this common?

verysick

Jan 17, 2011
I flashed the new firmware & I have the red again. Can I just do this again?

bloodien0se

May 3, 2009
Tucson
Hey guys, here's a version with the fake LOCKED and S-ON status. I just did a diff of the two versions from the hboot mod thread for other cariers and applied them to Fenny's file. Please be very careful with this, I'm not responsible for any issues you may have; however, it is running perfectly fine on my T-Mobile M8.

MD5 of hboot-no-red-text-fake-S-ON.img
1DBED846665E74645F16B5F58FCD3D7F

Attachments

• hboot-no-red-text-fake-S-ON.zip
    443.3 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: J3COMPUTERSERVICES

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
So has the one in the op been updated to the latest Hboot or is it the original?

J3COMPUTERSERVICES

Apr 6, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hey guys, here's a version with the fake LOCKED and S-ON status. I just did a diff of the two versions from the hboot mod thread for other cariers and applied them to Fenny's file. Please be very careful with this, I'm not responsible for any issues you may have; however, it is running perfectly fine on my T-Mobile M8.

Awesome thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod removes the red text from HBOOT with custom kernels.
    It is a simple binary replacement of the text that would normally display with a long string of 0x20 (The character for spaces).

WARNING: THIS IS DANGEROUS, if your phone powers off while you are writing to the hboot, you CAN brick.

S-off, root, and busybox are required

Download:
    http://www.cheatersedge.org/android/m8/hboot-no-red-text.img
    SHA1: 8619b74b5f22459753498d89de38f47b23518f78

Installation (This can be done in normal boot mode, but booted to TWRP is a MUCH safer bet):

Code:
    adb push hboot-no-red-text.img /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/hboot-no-red-text.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    reboot
    For some reason, it's giving me an error

Code:
    /sbin/sh: su: not found

while booted into twrp recovery. It has no issue finding it while booted though. Don't want to mess around flashing this hboot without being in recovery. Any ideas?

OH no need to worry, you are already running as root in the recovery. You can skip the "su" step.
    Hey, if I make a backup of my current hboot using dd, will I be able to restore that backup using dd if I ever need to go back to stock? Thanks!

Also, if any of y'all want the stock t-mobile hboot (3.16.0.0000) let me know, I'll upload it somewhere.

Yes, that works just fine.

will this be persistent between rom flashes? ie. a 1 time thing? I think it should since it is its own partition right?

Yes, it should be persistent unless for some insane reason you decide to flash a ROM with an HBOOT image built into it.