[Q] Creating a barebones experience

Search This thread

Clank227

Apr 11, 2014
So I've got me an Atrix HD, to use as a PMP, and I've rooted it.

I've spent the better part of the day looking up custom roms, but I'm still not sure what to do.

Basically, what I want to do is have a barebones device, without 100+ services running on startup, no bloatware apps and ****, and etc.

I figure I should be using a custom ROM, yes? Is Cyanogenmod the name of a rom, because it seems to be the most popular, but there's quite a few I see on the XDA forums and I'm not sure what to do.

I have RSDlite on my computer and the Atrix HD stock firmware image, so if I screw up I should be alright since I can use that to put me back at square one, I don't think I need any recovery images on the phone then, but Can anyone give me some steps to achieve a barebones experience on for the device (want to remove all the bloatware, unnecessary background services, etc that come stock on the phone)

Any help is appreciated thanks

LPMatt

Apr 24, 2012
Tolland, CT
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
If you can find a ROM .img file, you can flash via adb, but it's just easier to use a custom recovery. Try Philz recovery (in dev section). I know some other devices have special ROMS without phone apps, but I haven't seen one for the AHD. Go with the most vanilla AOSP ROM you can find and install a root tool like ROM Toolbox that lets you uninstall system apps. You can freeze the phone app and any other app you don't want. If freezing doesn't mess up the device, go ahead and uninstall (at your own risk, obviously. I nor anyone else on this forum will be responsible if you mess it up). ROM Toolbox also lets you select what processes you want to run at startup. Hope this helps.

Sent From Here