Google play store keeps updating

Search This thread

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
A while back I somehow found a way to prevent the play store app from updating. It involved the downloading of a phonesky.apk and I do have the file, but I cannot find the instructions I used that installed the apk file and no matter what I try, the play store app keeps updating. It's quite frustrating because I have a mirrorlink to my backup camera that has a NAV link to the phone that allows the nav to be on the player screen. The updated play store hampers the nav from working via the touch screen on the dash so it's quite a pain to get it to work right. If I remove the updates to the play store, everything works fine, but within minutes, if not seconds, the play store app again updates and all is messed up again.

This all happened because I had to revert to stock and re-root and do a restore to a previous nandroid backup, but somehow, something happened to the play store being updated by itself...

If anyone knows how I can implement the phonesky.apk I previously downloaded into the system again to prevent the market updating itself I will be so relieved! I have spent 2 days searching and cannot find how i did it before... It worked fine for over a year!

I have a Galaxy S4 running stock 4.2.2 Rooted.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
Aloha Ke Akua!

Last edited: