Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Q) Device status Custom...from OTA??

Tip us?

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] (Q) Device status Custom...from OTA??

So I have a rather interesting situation. I got my phone through preorder like many others did, and got a 27th stability update right away. I installed it, used the device for a while. Later in the day I went into download mode to see if my phone said anything about being bootloader- locked.

The funny thing is that now, device status shows as custom, and updates fail due to "unauthorized" changes, which were never made

So my question: can that be fixed without wiping device? What do u think triggered that? Booting into DL even if I didn't do anything else?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
Bump

fumes007
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Did you root the device yet?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Makoers
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
I have the same problem I just checked for an update. Haven't done anything beyond set up my phone and update

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumes007 View Post
Did you root the device yet?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Welp. If you switch to art runtime it's "unauthorized " I just switched back to dalvik and all of a sudden I'm up to date when I check .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ramy View Post
So I have a rather interesting situation. I got my phone through preorder like many others did, and got a 27th stability update right away. I installed it, used the device for a while. Later in the day I went into download mode to see if my phone said anything about being bootloader- locked.

The funny thing is that now, device status shows as custom, and updates fail due to "unauthorized" changes, which were never made

So my question: can that be fixed without wiping device? What do u think triggered that? Booting into DL even if I didn't do anything else?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoers View Post
I have the same problem I just checked for an update. Haven't done anything beyond set up my phone and update

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Welp. If you switch to art runtime it's "unauthorized " I just switched back to dalvik and all of a sudden I'm up to date when I check .

!

Genius!! So glad u thought of that, I completely forgot I did that! And no, I didn't root it yet, that's why I was all confueed, if it was rooted it would've made sense

Thanks