Only one speaker playing when incoming call!!

Search This thread

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Gyus, i`m shocked! When i get incoming call - only one (lower) speaker is playing! Sony mocks ???!!! Device have 2 stereo speakers but they are not playing both with incoming calls! WTF!?
Everyone have this ?
What do you think, is this a firmware problem or what ???
This upset me so much! (((((

Last edited:

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Seems like it`s not a s/w glitch, seems like Sony did that deliberately. What for - is a damm mystery for me! This is so unlogical, so stupid, aahh, can`t select all words how this dissapointed me :(
The only hope for talented people on XDA to fix that.

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Guys, who lives in Taiwan and Singapore, PLEASE, write a messages to a Sony support about this problem, why they did incoming calls with only one speaker ? Would they fix that in future or not ? Wanna hear what Sony official support will write about that!

Thank you.

PS I wrote about this to a Sony Singapore, in English, i hope they will feedback to me.
I think this is unacceptable bug!

Last edited:
Reactions: MasK

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Guys, who lives in Taiwan and Singapore, PLEASE, write a messages to a Sony support about this problem, why they did incoming calls with only one speaker ? Would they fix that in future or not ? Wanna hear what Sony official support will write about that!

Thank you.

PS I wrote about this to a Sony Singapore, in English, i hope they will feedback to me.
I think this is unacceptable bug!

I've added a thread about this in the support forum:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Speakerphone-in-call-uses-only-1-speaker/m-p/638249#U638249

I also have one more gripe, which I'm needing more people to confirm my finding:
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xper...o-mono-after-incoming-call/m-p/637511#U637511

Reactions: DennisDD78

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Bad news, we won't get 2 speakers working on calls officially, 100%. Sony going to make sound louder, but only on one speaker :( ****, **** **** ****, Sony, you killed me without a gun :(
Gonna sell it , i guess. Z2 is not so much better than Z1 with not fully functionally 2 stereo speakers.

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: omersak

Raggi01

Jan 30, 2011
Bad news, we won't get 2 speakers working on calls officially, 100%. Sony going to make sound louder, but only on one speaker :( ****, **** **** ****, Sony, you killed me without a gun :(
Gonna sell it , i guess. Z2 is not so much better than Z1 with not fully functionally 2 stereo speakers.

Brother, please calm down..
This is something that one of our XDA saviors can fix!

Reactions: riso123

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com

How do you know that Sony is not gonna fix that? Did you get an official reply?

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
How do you know that Sony is not gonna fix that? Did you get an official reply?

Yes, i got some information about that!

And, one man on Russin forum 4pda said that he`s got two speakers plaiyng on call! I asked him to check again with a real phone call, maybe he just checked volume control or something, no reply from him yet..

Is there at least one person on this forum who`s got both speakers working on incoming call, sms, what`s upp message ?

zodiac100

Aug 19, 2010

You're seriously going to sell the phone because of that??? How alarmist can a person possibly get

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
We're in xda and in future we won't have this problem anymore[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Difference between one and two speakers feels very much!
Try to listen one song on both and then on one. If you don`t listen the difference, you are lucky man! :)

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
WTF you guys mean only one speaker? You cant hold both to your ear... :laugh:

Or you mean when taking calls on the loudspeaker?

You listen to music on both speakers but ringtone for incoming calls are only on one speaker. That's the reason that ringtone is less loud then music.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea... speakerphone for calls is ridiculously low.

Could you please post your findings to the Sony support forums for visibility?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    I believe it's a safety precaution. It doesn't happen often but sometimes you can get calls while you still have the phone at the ear (it happened to me only twice during the years).
    If the phone rings at that moment it could be really dangerous for your ears.
    I believe that's the reason most phones nowadays have the speaker on the bottom or rear bottom of the phone.
    Since I don't have the phone yet, I'm only interested about the loudness of the lower speaker.
    Can someone tell us if it's easily audible when the phone rings?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Oppo N1 | Nexus 7 (2013) | Note 10.1 (2014)
    Smartwatch 2

I think sony need us to buy the smartwatch 2 or smartband for feel the vibration alert when incoming call rather than to hear the sound.

that why sony said (Details make the different ).

SONY GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I'm pretty sure Sony is deliberately turning off the top speaker due to smart call function. I will try tonight to see if there is any effect with smart call off.
    I find it funny that the Z2 is getting bashed up here over things which are strangely trivial and which also exist in other phones..

1. Battery performance - It astounds me that a phone that can do 7 hours SOT is getting bashed up for poor battery consumption?!! I confirm that on my Z2, I can do at least 5 hours SOT everyday. I cannot really confirm how much I can really stretch it because I cannot exhaust the battery every day. The most I can get to is 5 hours SOT at the end of the day with about 25% left, and I have to sleep already (I always charge my phone overnight while I sleep). And that is with no stamina mode, LTE always, bluetooth on (and connected to both headset and smartwatch for ~10 hours) and location services always on. I have a friend who owns the HTC M8 and he struggles to get even 4 hours SOT.

2. 2 speakers but only 1 is used for ringtones - For the longest time possible, we have always happily lived with phones that have only 1 speaker. Suddenly, because Z2 gave us 2 speakers, it suddenly becomes an issue that ringtones come through only 1 speaker...a case of too much, too much perhaps?

3. I also read about people who complain about the issues faced by Z1 after the Android 4.4.2 upgrades. These happen all the time. FYI, there were many complains from Note II users after the 4.3 upgrade as well. What is worse is Z1 users can still complain about the 4.4.2 upgrades, Note 2 and 3 users are still sucking thumbs waiting...

The Z2 is a one hella solid phone to get. For ppl who jumped ship because of these, the loss is only yours.

Above are my $0.02. No hard feeling is intended. :laugh: