OP shifattk

13th April 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Windsor, ON
Thanks Meter: 17

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
I recently bought another tablet off of eBay. This time, it's a very generic one. It does have branding and such, and calls itself "Hypertab", but it is no different from the other generic tablets with the same specs.

System Specifications
  • Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
  • Allwinner A23 - Cortex A7 Dualcore CPU 1.5GHz
  • Mali-400 GPU
  • 512MB DDR3 RAM
  • 2GB Inernal Flash Memory (Actual usable amount is less) + Expandable with MicroSD up to 32GB

Disclaimer (Please Read Before Continuing.)
I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for the outcome, positive or negative, of you following the provided instructions on this thread.
It worked for me, but that does not mean it will 100% work for you. You are responsible for any side effects and damage caused to your device, your property, anyone nearby, or yourself, which includes, but not limited to: software and/or hardware destruction of the device, robbery, riots, injury, death, acts of god, epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, government shutdowns, mutations, getting a certain limb of your body stuck in a ceiling fan, etc. Rooting WILL void your warranty (if there is any).

Root Guide

Preparing to Root
  • Connect your tablet to your computer, and let the drivers install automagically or using PDAnet (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1983470)
  • Download Kingo Android Root: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm
  • Install the Program and any other dependencies.
  • Open the program. Click the "Agree" button on the top right corner of Kingo Root, and make sure there is a check mark.
  • Now, move over to your tablet. Hit the settings icon from your desktop or app drawer. Go to { } Developer Options.
  • One you're there, make sure that the options are on with the 'switch' on the top right corner of the screen. If not, tap it and turn it on.
  • Once the Developer Options are set to ON, check off USB debugging. Tap OK when the "Allow USB debugging?" window pops up.

Rooting the Device
  • Using a USB cable, connect your tablet to your computer.
  • Wait until Drivers are installed and Kingo Root Detects your tablet.
  • Hit "Root" or "Root Again" (as it said for my tablet).
  • Wait until Kingo Root finishes its magic.
  • Once Kingo finishes, and says that root was successful, reboot your device, and you can close Kingo Root.

Congratulations! Your Generic Allwinner A23 Tablet is now (or should be) rooted! To check that you have root permissions, download Root Checker from Google Play store or any other store.

Tweaks
Now that you have rooted the tablet, let's mess around with the system so it works as you want it to work!

Overclocking/Underclocking
Just use No-frills CPU Control (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rillsCPU&hl=en)
The tablet by default spins at 1.2 Ghz. It can be put up to it's maximum, 1.5. On mine, I also have the option of going to 2.0 GHz, but I've never tried it yet.

build.prop
Now this is an interesting one. I found some lines in the file that are interesting, and it seems editing some of them are quite helpful, especially with the battery life and performance. I've listed them below. In order to edit the file, I used JRummy's Build Prop Editor (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.editor&hl=en).

chiphd.bright.max - The highest brightness for the display.
chiphd.bright.min - The lowest brightness for the display.
ro.hwa.force - Force GPU rendering. True/False
video.accelerate.hw - GPU rendering for videos. 0/1

The rest of the lines are quite common among all the devices I've seen so far, and frankly, googling "build prop battery saving tweaks" will do fine for them.

Have more tweaks? Just add them on to the thread, and I'll post them here with your name
Last edited by shifattk; 18th July 2014 at 11:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shifattk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Windows 8 Drivers
No drivers are being loaded on Windows 8. KingaRoot is not finding the tablet and in device manager I get a yellow ! and no drivers are loaded or can be found. Any suggestions?
27th April 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 72

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifattk

I recently bought another tablet off of eBay. This time, it's a very generic one. It does have branding and such, and calls itself "Hypertab", but it is no different from the other generic tablets with the same specs.

System Specifications

• Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
  • Allwinner A23 - Cortex A7 Dualcore CPU 1.5GHz
  • Mali-400 GPU
  • 512MB DDR3 RAM
  • 2GB Inernal Flash Memory (Actual usable amount is less) + Expandable with MicroSD up to 32GB

Disclaimer (Please Read Before Continuing.)
I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for the outcome, positive or negative, of you following the provided instructions on this thread.
It worked for me, but that does not mean it will 100% work for you. You are responsible for any side effects and damage caused to your device, your property, anyone nearby, or yourself, which includes, but not limited to: software and/or hardware destruction of the device, robbery, riots, injury, death, acts of god, epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, government shutdowns, mutations, getting a certain limb of your body stuck in a ceiling fan, etc. Rooting WILL void your warranty (if there is any).

Root Guide

Preparing to Root
  • Download Kingo Android Root: http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm
  • Install the Program and any other dependencies.
  • Open the program. Click the "Agree" button on the top right corner of Kingo Root, and make sure there is a check mark.
  • Now, move over to your tablet. Hit the settings icon from your desktop or app drawer. Go to { } Developer Options.
  • One you're there, make sure that the options are on with the 'switch' on the top right corner of the screen. If not, tap it and turn it on.
  • Once the Developer Options are set to ON, check off USB debugging. Tap OK when the "Allow USB debugging?" window pops up.

Rooting the Device
  • Using a USB cable, connect your tablet to your computer.
  • Wait until Drivers are installed and Kingo Root Detects your tablet.
  • Hit "Root" or "Root Again" (as it said for my tablet).
  • Wait until Kingo Root finishes its magic.
  • Once Kingo finishes, and says that root was successful, reboot your device, and you can close Kingo Root.

Congratulations! Your Generic Allwinner A23 Tablet is now (or should be) rooted! To check that you have root permissions, download Root Checker from Google Play store or any other store.

The program is not finding my tablet... just shows "no device connected" any suggestions?
27th April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Windsor, ON

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try to install the ADB drivers using this tool here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091922
3rd May 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 72

451 posts
More
Quote:

Try to install the ADB drivers using this tool here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091922

its showing up as samsung galaxy sii is that okay?
5th May 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Windsor, ON

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

its showing up as samsung galaxy sii is that okay?

You could try, but I doubt that will work since it will install the drivers for SII

I've also found this which could help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1983470

Sorry for being a bit vague. I remember installing the drivers for mine using some 'universal' tool but I can't remember which one and/or how I did it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shifattk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:

You could try, but I doubt that will work since it will install the drivers for SII

I've also found this which could help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1983470

Sorry for being a bit vague. I remember installing the drivers for mine using some 'universal' tool but I can't remember which one and/or how I did it.

I was able to obtain root using Kingo Android Root
http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

Windows 7 could not find the correct driver for "Android Device".
I installed PDAnet from this thread and it installed the requisite drivers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1983470

Kingo Android Root then detected my device after reboot and reconnecting tablet.
It went through it's gyrations without any issue.

A quick look at "Root Checker" application... It's rooted!

This is a "Q8 7" 8GB Allwinner A23 Dual Core Android 4.2 Tablet PC Wifi Camera IM" from Tmart.
Specs:
CPU Processor Allwinner A23 ARM Cortex A7 Dual Core, 1.5GHz
GPU Mali400MP2
Operating System Android 4.2
Display Size 7"
Resolution 800*480 Pixel
Touch Screen 5-points Capacitive Touch Screen
RAM 512MB
Storage Size 8GB
External Memory Support TF card up to 32GB (not included)

Hopefully others who bought this tablet from Tmart can find this thread with the additional keywords.

If anyone runs across a KitKat 4.4x rom for this tablet, PLEASE reply. Thanks.

P.S.
Tablet issues out of the box.
Battery - Labeled as 2800mAh. Not even close. I get about 10 minutes starting at 100%
I ordered a battery from eBay to replace it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171375484987

Touchscreen - MOSTLY ok. Except in landscape mode... the "W" or "2" doesn't work. I get a "1" PLUS a "3"... the two adjacent characters.
Update to 4.4 when available should cure this, yes? Any other relatively simple fix?

Assuming I can rectify these two issues... For $39.99 it's a pretty good deal.

(Thanks for the original post shifattk)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_Lurker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #8  
Cainta
Thanks Meter: 101

565 posts
More
Any possibilities of getting a custom recovery for this or locating the recovery.IMG?
26th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts

Could you help how to solve this problem.

As you can see (picture 1), the second Internal Storage capacity is 3.50GB but the availabe space is weird (unknown number)

I've done the memory swapping (with 16GB) method by editing the vold.fstab file and the result (picture 2). As you can see now, the 2nd internal memory only detect 3.50GB (not 16GB) while the SDCARD is 720MB (is it suppose to be 3.5/4 GB).

I think I have been cheated for the 2nd internal memory suppose to be at least 4GB.

Could you help me how to get maximum memory (16GB) after swap...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture-1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (208.1 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg Picture-2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (216.6 KB, 97 views)
26th August 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
[HELP] Firmware Tablet Allwinner A23 GA10H
Hi,

I need a stock firmware image to flash and unbrick a Tablet PC Allwinner A23 model GA10H. Description:

Model No: GA10H
Operation System: Android 4.2
Screen: 10.1 inch TFT 5 Point Touch Capacitive Screen
Resolution: 1024x600(16:9) Pixel
CPU: Allwinner A23 ARM Cortex-A7 Dual-Core 1.5GHz
GPU: Mali-400 MP2
RAM:1GB DDR3/ 512MB
Nand Flash: 8GB

The manufacturer´s website (AZhuo Digital) don´t offers the stock firmware to download.

Please help me.

Thanks a Lot

Luciano Scharf

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread