-ES File explorer
-BSPlayer
-BubbleIPNP
-Nova Launcher

Working but need a a different input device to manipulate:
-CNN
-IPlayer BBC
-HBO GO
-Puffin Browser (good if works since has flash embedded)
-Pushbullet (need google play services)

I will continue testing other apps until a root is published.
Last edited by josetron; 13th April 2014 at 03:32 AM. Reason: gramma error
13th April 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
There are like 5 of these post now. We need a central post because people (myself included) keep testing apps that have already been tested by someone else.
13th April 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVSS

There are like 5 of these post now. We need a central post because people (myself included) keep testing apps that have already been tested by someone else.

Good point. There is a "Fire TV Themes and Apps" forum, but no one has posted there yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomedias For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
sideload
Sideloaded hsdroid to access hockey streams. Works but needs alternative form of input. Used USB mouse and it works.
14th April 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag Provo
Thanks Meter: 143

393 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by josetron

So far these apps are working for me:

-XBMC on Ouya
-Firefox
-ES File explorer
-BSPlayer
-BubbleIPNP
-Nova Launcher

Did it actually let you user Nova Launcher as the default Home launcher (when you click the Home button)?
14th April 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerohueso

Did it actually let you user Nova Launcher as the default Home launcher (when you click the Home button)?

No, just shows as another program to run... the good thing is that you can see all the programs in one screen... but dont see any real usage, just testing.
14th April 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #7  

10 posts
Quote:

No, just shows as another program to run... the good thing is that you can see all the programs in one screen... but dont see any real usage, just testing.

I believe this was suggested in another thread, and it definitely works for me: I simply open Nova Launcher once then with a wireless mini keyboard/trackpad unit I do ALT-TAB to move between apps which includes Nova Launcher. This is a good way to get back to Spotify too, though on the wireless unit I have the play/pause button will let me keep music running or pause it in the background.

I go back to Nova for the apps that I would have had to open via the Fire TV settings/apps page which I find to be a chore compared to ALT-TAB to Nova to a page where I have my key sideloaded apps on-screen and ready to open. It also works out of the box with the Settings.apk if you sideload that so you can just keep the Settings shortcut that is on one of the Nova screens by default. There are noted issues with some settings not working (and most obviously just aren't applicable to this unit which is why they won't work) via Settings.apk but that's covered in another thread too.
14th April 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buscemi

I believe this was suggested in another thread, and it definitely works for me: I simply open Nova Launcher once then with a wireless mini keyboard/trackpad unit I do ALT-TAB to move between apps which includes Nova Launcher. This is a good way to get back to Spotify too, though on the wireless unit I have the play/pause button will let me keep music running or pause it in the background.

I go back to Nova for the apps that I would have had to open via the Fire TV settings/apps page which I find to be a chore compared to ALT-TAB to Nova to a page where I have my key sideloaded apps on-screen and ready to open. It also works out of the box with the Settings.apk if you sideload that so you can just keep the Settings shortcut that is on one of the Nova screens by default. There are noted issues with some settings not working (and most obviously just aren't applicable to this unit which is why they won't work) via Settings.apk but that's covered in another thread too.

Hopefully we can find a way to do it with the remote control or joystick... having a keyboard in frond of the box is useful but inconvenient...
14th April 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #9  

4 posts
Was iplayer with HD video? Which version did you use? Also what version of the APK did you use for CNN?

Quote:

So far these apps are working for me:

-XBMC on Ouya
-Firefox
-ES File explorer
-BSPlayer
-BubbleIPNP
-Nova Launcher

Working but need a a different input device to manipulate:
-CNN
-IPlayer BBC
-HBO GO
-Puffin Browser (good if works since has flash embedded)
-Pushbullet (need google play services)

I will continue testing other apps until a root is published.

14th April 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanker

Was iplayer with HD video? Which version did you use? Also what version of the APK did you use for CNN?

Iplayer 3.1.0.748 CNN 1.4.2 Keep in mind both work ok but you can't navigate thru the menus given the lack of support from the input device. I don't think Iplayer was in full HD...keep in mind you need to be in UK to use it (or use any workaround)...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps fire tv
Previous Thread Next Thread