[[ Guide ]] Installing T9 Languages on Tornado/Faraday
I got tired to be asking for this and realized that if i had done it before on a Feeler, well that must apply for Tornado also!!
Based on Ronswens tutorial to install t9 languages on the Typhoon, i've extracted the t9 languages from imate's WWE 220.127.116.11 rom to use it in Tornado/Faraday devices.
The compressed file contains these languages:
Anyone cares to share NRE, RUS or CHT files?? Please PM me and i'll add them to the .rar
Here's the file:
Now here is what you must do:
* Extract t9xxxxldb.dll and t9imeres.dll.0xxx.mui of your language to \Windows on the phone.
* Add appropriate values to [HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs] and [HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages] and restart the phone.
Spanish T9 example:
* Extract T9SpanishLdb.dll and T9ImeRes.Dll040a.mui from t9_tornado.rar to \Windows
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs], add string value '040a' with data 'T9SpanishLdb.dll'
* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages], add '040a' to the list of 'Available', so the data will be '0409,040a' (or whatever your phone uses.. just add the one for the language you're installing)
* Restart the phone.
List of Locale IDs can be found HERE
NOTE: If somehow the libraries don't appear on your t9 after the procedure... you can try using numbers only (i.e. when using spanish, it's: "040a", but you may have to rename it to somewhat else like "0404", in the registry and the archive).
PLease tell me how did it go for you!