Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Just returned to Razr M.. Deodexed Stock Rom? Fav kernel for battery life?

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello folks. I have recently returned to using an XT907 after I lost my original whilst doing a kegstand at the beach on the fourth of july . Anyway, I have been perusing the piles of recent threads and am having trouble finding whether anybody has been keeping an up-to-date (4.1.2) rom which is perfectly stock, except deodexed, and perhaps debloated. If anybody could just point me in the direction of a thread with that information I would be grateful. I like this style rom because I like to make my own minimal design tweaks, but most importantly it seems to give me the best battery life and long term stability. If you have a seperate custom Rom that has been exceptional in both of these catagories and you care to share, that would be appreciated as well.

I am also interested in what kernel people are using with their custom roms, and how that has affected their battery life. I was able to get at least 24+- hours with solid use roughly 1yr ago which a custom setup like I've described and a custom PB&J kernel. With stock everything now, I'm lucky if I get 12 hours.

If I missed a recent thread containing any of the information that I've just discussed, I apologize but I didn't see any. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by Cryptrix; 11th April 2014 at 05:59 PM.
13th April 2014, 04:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6
if you want a good battery life, I suggest you use the CM stable rom for xt907, 4.2.2 andriod OS.
13th April 2014, 03:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8
you can use dsixda's Android Kitchen to deodex the stock Rom your self if you cant find a rom you like.

you can then debloat using this safe list

Personally I'm on CM KK nightlights and have no desire to go back to a JB rom. Fast, smooth and battery life is great. I'm using CM kernel that comes built into the rom but I know a lot of people use arrrghhh's
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

battery, deodexed, kernel, life, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread