CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Library][WIP] SimpleFingerGestures

OP championswimmer

14th April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #1  
I have often come accross the need to implement to simple gestures like 2-finger swipe up, or pinch, or 1-finger swipe left etc etc. And unfortunately no such simple gesture library exists for Android, so I have started building one.

The library sources are at
https://github.com/championswimmer/S...ndroid_Library

And the javadocs are
http://championswimmer.github.io/Sim.../documentation

I am yet to write a proper wiki-like documentation, but as of now basic functionality like 1-finger swipes and 2-finger swipes are already implemented. In the coming weeks more awesomeness will be added. And I would be more than happy if more people contribute towards the project

Note: If unsure of the way to use, please see the demo app's source
https://github.com/championswimmer/S...nActivity.java
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag panipat
Thanks Meter: 525

1,103 posts
More
What is the difference if I use this library or build gestures using gestures builder app and use the file as an overlay

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitkh96

What is the difference if I use this library or build gestures using gestures builder app and use the file as an overlay

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GEsture builder supports character recognition like things.

This library is to support simpler stuff like I have added

onSwipeUp()

both for 1 finger and 2 finger swipe up (separately)

and I am adding stuff like

onPinch()
onUnpinch()

to views.
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 6

34 posts
More
Question
Wow, this is great, thanks! The 1/2 finguers swipe are a great AddOn for any app.

Does this listeners trigger once the swipe is completed or during it it also responds (for example to increase/decrease the volume while swiping up/down)?
19th April 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamant-x

Wow, this is great, thanks! The 1/2 finguers swipe are a great AddOn for any app.

Does this listeners trigger once the swipe is completed or during it it also responds (for example to increase/decrease the volume while swiping up/down)?

right now only on completion, i am implementing the ACTION_MOVE event to handle amount of swipe too

also pinch and unpinch already up
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gestures, library, multi touch, touch
Previous Thread Next Thread