FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

[Library][WIP] SimpleFingerGestures

4,950 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,786
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have often come accross the need to implement to simple gestures like 2-finger swipe up, or pinch, or 1-finger swipe left etc etc. And unfortunately no such simple gesture library exists for Android, so I have started building one.

The library sources are at
https://github.com/championswimmer/S...ndroid_Library

And the javadocs are
http://championswimmer.github.io/Sim.../documentation

I am yet to write a proper wiki-like documentation, but as of now basic functionality like 1-finger swipes and 2-finger swipes are already implemented. In the coming weeks more awesomeness will be added. And I would be more than happy if more people contribute towards the project

Note: If unsure of the way to use, please see the demo app's source
https://github.com/championswimmer/S...nActivity.java
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th April 2014, 08:26 AM |#2  
arpitkh96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panipat
Thanks Meter: 581
 
Donate to Me
More
What is the difference if I use this library or build gestures using gestures builder app and use the file as an overlay

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 08:33 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitkh96

What is the difference if I use this library or build gestures using gestures builder app and use the file as an overlay

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GEsture builder supports character recognition like things.

This library is to support simpler stuff like I have added

onSwipeUp()

both for 1 finger and 2 finger swipe up (separately)

and I am adding stuff like

onPinch()
onUnpinch()

to views.
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 01:23 PM |#5  
diamant-x's Avatar
Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Question
Wow, this is great, thanks! The 1/2 finguers swipe are a great AddOn for any app.

Does this listeners trigger once the swipe is completed or during it it also responds (for example to increase/decrease the volume while swiping up/down)?
19th April 2014, 03:27 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamant-x

Wow, this is great, thanks! The 1/2 finguers swipe are a great AddOn for any app.

Does this listeners trigger once the swipe is completed or during it it also responds (for example to increase/decrease the volume while swiping up/down)?

right now only on completion, i am implementing the ACTION_MOVE event to handle amount of swipe too

also pinch and unpinch already up
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2015, 01:11 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer

right now only on completion, i am implementing the ACTION_MOVE event to handle amount of swipe too

also pinch and unpinch already up

added support for 3 and 4 finger pinch and unpinch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gestures, library, multi touch, touch
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes