[Q] sony xperia ion

Search This thread

simba1960

Sep 21, 2013
I recently unlocked my sony xperia ion which was on rogers network. Now using it with another carrier. Every time i start up the phone the rogers logo shows up and also there are a whole bunch of rogers applications which i cannot delete but can only disable for now.
my question is can I remove all the rogers software and logo from this phone?

Sony Xperia Ion LT28i, Android Version 4.1.2 ; Build Number: 6.2.B.0.211 Country Canada

Thanking you in advance,

Ash

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Your xperia ion is branded ,
You can uninstall these rogers apps using apps like android tuner (root access needed)

Or you can completly debrand the device by flashing a stock FTF
Here are some instructions
(warning this method will wipe your user data (not whats stored on device music pics nd stuff will stay, apps wont)
(you can disable this)

Download Flashtool
Download Xperia ION flashmode and fastboot drivers

Download global generic 6.2.B.0.11 FTF

Click the lightning like icon
Find the ftf you downloaded and
Folow flashtool instruction
(if it says hold menu button it means Volume down when it asks you to hold it and plug in)

Last edited:
Reactions: simba1960

simba1960

Sep 21, 2013
remove branded software

Hiand thank you for your promy reply, greatly appreciate it. I downloaded the android tuner and played aroundfor a while, did not come aross any referene to rogers, am i looking in the wrong place, any specilfic location to look for this item. once more need some help before i decide to flash the phone with the stock software. thanks once again

You can uninstall these rogers apps using apps like android tuner (root access needed)

(warning this method will wipe your user data (not whats stored on device music pics nd stuff will stay, apps wont)
(you can disable this)

Download Flashtool

(if it says hold menu button it means Volume down when it asks you to hold it and plug in)

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hiand thank you for your promy reply, greatly appreciate it. I downloaded the android tuner and played aroundfor a while, did not come aross any referene to rogers, am i looking in the wrong place, any specilfic location to look for this item. once more need some help before i decide to flash the phone with the stock software. thanks once again

So quick note - i didnt knotice "rogers" correctly ,what i do mean about that now is apps that dont arent of use to you or apps that are killling your batter, aka facebook , youtube, those can be reinstalled as a user app later

in android tuner you can go to apps and select system at the bottom and just remove any System app that isnt needed, anything with a complicated name is obvously core system , e.g. SystemUI

stuff like FB proxy can be remoeved because its a part of timescape and id doubt you would use that, well it seems no one does

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simply flash a stock FTF, don't bother with removing all these apps as they are bound to leave some unwanted data behind.

(you can disable this)

Download Flashtool