Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help with galaxy s4 not registered to network

Tip us?

nem95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help with galaxy s4 not registered to network

gf reported her phone lost because it was cracked, samsung sent her a new one so now i want her old one. I put in my sim card but it says "Not register to network" im thinking maybe t-mobile blocked the phone somehow since it was reported lost but I figured there was a work around. Friend told me unlocking the phone and setting it to international radios may help but i have no idea how to do this since im new to the android community. Switching from iphone to android! So yeah, please help!

White T-mobile Galaxy S4 on jellybean, updating it to kitkat though.

serio22
Old
(Last edited by serio22; 5th April 2014 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 702
Yup, T-Mobile blocked it.. There's no legal way around it, maybe your gf calling T-Mobile to unblock it, but they'll probably charge her full price for the one they sent her.. You could try using a different carrier, but it could end up being blocked again.. You could also sell it to someone in another country, blacklist won't go past the US

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

nem95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Yup, T-Mobile blocked it.. There's no legal way around it, maybe your gf calling T-Mobile to unblock it, but they'll probably charge her full price for the one they sent her.. You could try using a different carrier, but it could end up being blocked again.. You could also sell it to someone in another country, blacklist won't go past the US

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
so even switching it to international wouldnt work?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by nem95 View Post
so even switching it to international wouldnt work?
To international what? But either way no.. Your service is denied everytime the phone tries to register to T-Mobile because the imei is what's being blocked

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

nem95
Old
(Last edited by nem95; 5th April 2014 at 03:03 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
To international what? But either way no.. Your service is denied everytime the phone tries to register to T-Mobile because the imei is what's being blocked

international radios, gonna unlock the sim. My gfs mom is probably going out of the country so if i unlocked it, she could use it outside the US right?and if she can i take it as she'd have to use a carrier other than t-mobile to do this though?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 702
You can't use international radios.. And I don't know, but I would think so, using a local carrier should be fine

braschlosan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nem95 View Post
gf reported her phone lost because it was cracked, samsung sent her a new one so now i want her old one. I put in my sim card but it says "Not register to network" im thinking maybe t-mobile blocked the phone somehow since it was reported lost but I figured there was a work around. Friend told me unlocking the phone and setting it to international radios may help but i have no idea how to do this since im new to the android community. Switching from iphone to android! So yeah, please help!

White T-mobile Galaxy S4 on jellybean, updating it to kitkat though.
There are services that will fix this for you. I payed 35$ for my blocked tmobile s4 to be repaired.

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I did this with an HTC EVO 3D. It was locked for 2 years so I flashed the phone to a different carrier and it worked. You might have problems with different features but it is posibble to still use the phone. Find a cellular store that will flash it. They normally charge around 50 dollars, give or take.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210 View Post
I did this with an HTC EVO 3D. It was locked for 2 years so I flashed the phone to a different carrier and it worked. You might have problems with different features but it is posibble to still use the phone. Find a cellular store that will flash it. They normally charge around 50 dollars, give or take.

Do NOT mail the phone to be flashed! 4 out 5 of those d-bags will keep your phone

.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210 View Post

This is not a CDMA phone, you can't flash it like that.. And like I said, you can unlock it and it may work with another carrier but it can end up being blocked again, I've seen it happen

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
This is not a CDMA phone, you can't flash it like that.. And like I said, you can unlock it and it may work with another carrier but it can end up being blocked again, I've seen it happen

I didn't even think of that lol sorry

.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............