This is a port of ChameleonOS' contact identicons feature (available in the JellyBean versions) with some additional features and fixes.
When enabled, new contacts will be assigned a unique identicon instead of the default picture.
- Use identicons for newly created contacts. A service is normally used to detect new contacts. If you use the Xposed Framework, you can enable Identiconizer! as a module instead to integrate the application into the system.
- Choose from five different identicon styles: Retro, Contemporary, Spirograph, Dot Matrix and Gmail.
- Specify the identicon sizes, from 96x96 up to 720x720 (256x256 max on ICS.)
- Choose a custom background color for the created identicons.
- Create identicons for all contacts without a photo in one go.
- Remove identicons from all contacts that have one set.
- Contacts list to add/remove Identicon to/from wanted contacts only.
Latest version (1.3): Identiconizer!.apk
- 1.3 (05-06-2014):
- Added option to show all contacts. When enabled, all contacts will be processed/shown regardless of their visibility. This is useful for DAVdroid users (and possibly other sync apps) that do not set the contact's group.
- In the "Contacts list" activity, the "Remove" button should now always remove the contact's photo.
- Reorganize and cleanup preferences.
- Fixed the notification when the Xposed module fails.
- 1.2 (26-05-2014):
- New identicon style: Gmail.
- Insert a row for the contact photo if none was found to be updated (this was in the original ChameleonOS implementation but I removed it for some reason while making changes.)
- Add preference to choose the background color for created identicons.
- PNG images are now used instead of JPEG images. This means you can use transparency for the background color if you want to. On the other hand, it might result in larger contact photos.
- If any error occurs during the creation of new identicons, show a notification to let the user know. Tapping the notification will show a detailed list of errors along with some useful info.
- If the Xposed module fails to hook the appropriate method, show a notification to warn the user.
- Other minor changes.
- 1.1 (05-05-14):
- Added "Contacts list" activity to manually manage contacts.
- Some minor changes (e.g. show Identicon size in preference summary.)
- 1.0.1 (21-04-14): bug fix: the Xposed module wasn't working properly.
- 1.0 (15-04-14): Initial release.
- Q: Will this work on XYZ?
A: It should. Try It And See™ - if there are any issues, please report them.
- Q: Is this on the Play Store/Xposed repo/…?
A: No. Uploading to the Xposed repo makes no sense since this isn't primarily an Xposed module. I'm not interested in uploading to the Play Store right now as I see no benefit (added support, more noobs, I prefer a forum for discussions, etc). You can subscribe to this thread for updates, the title will be updated to reflect the current version.
- Q: Can we have random cartoons/different icons set?
A: Cartoons and icon sets will not be implemented. You're welcome to offer suggestions that can be implemented without needing image files (so basically, anything with simple geometrical shapes and/or text.)
- Q: I found a problem. How can I report it?
A: Explain what your problem is - what have you done? What is the expected result? What do you get instead? In other words: include a detailed description of the problem and instructions on how to reproduce it. Also mention what Android ROM/version you're running, and include a logcat if possible (this is necessary if I can't personally reproduce the issue.)
- The ChameleonOS Open Source Project and 0xD34D for code and resources used in this application.
- rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework.