Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! Did I just render my phone useless??

OP ELCID777

13th April 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
I installed an app called Chainfire on my LG Optimus L9 last night, which runs on Jelly Bean (a no, no for this app, but I didn't know)) and it stopped booting normally. It turns on fine, but when the LG logo shows up it just stays stuck there now.

I have CWM v6.0.1.2 on there, so I booted into it and noticed that I never did any backups (another no, no.), so it's seemingly of no use to me. I asked a few people on another forum and was told my only option was to do a wipe data/factory reset, which I did. I needed a fresh ROM install, I was told, and I was provided with the following instructions:

Quote:

There's a guide to clockwork here. If you can't boot the handset into Android, you'll need to access the SD Card within Clockwork. Boot into CWM again and plug the phone into the PC. Within Clockwork, Select Mounts & Storage, then Mount USB Storage. If this works, you should see an external drive appear in your PC.

Leave the phone for now, then head over to here and download the file called LeeDroid HD V3.2.1 (FTP). Once this has downloaded, place the zip file into the root of the phones SD Card. Once copied, go back to the phone again and head back to clockworks main menu. Select Wipe Cache, let it do it's thing, then Wipe Data/Factory Reset (this probably isn't that important). You then want to head to Install zip from SD Card, Choose Zip and then navigate to the zip file you just copied. Select it, then confirm. Let it do it's thing, highlight Reboot Now and it should boot in to Android!

My problem now is in not being able to access or mount USB storage as I have nothing there. I have the phone connected to my PC via USB, but I can't access my SD card.

I think I really screwed up. Is there still anyway to get my phone working again? I'm completely lost here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by ELCID777; 13th April 2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: added more information
13th April 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Great......I tried tinkering around with some options in CWM and now I can't even get back into CWM during boot. There's no more flashing lights prompting me to enter recovery mode (or whatever it's called) and now the LG logo pops up, stays there for a few seconds and then goes to a screen with an dead looking Android figure lying on its back with a red exclamation point....

F@!#....my life....
13th April 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

367 posts
More
try using adb to flash a new ROM and/or recovery. that's a true last ditch attempt at flashing things. it will work. next time, don't use CVM, use TWRP, if it available for your device, and have a backup ROM/ ROM .zip available next time, so this doesn't happen again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th April 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp9000333

try using adb to flash a new ROM and/or recovery. that's a true last ditch attempt at flashing things. it will work. next time, don't use CVM, use TWRP, if it available for your device, and have a backup ROM/ ROM .zip available next time, so this doesn't happen again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm trying to push a stock ROM onto the phone right now with adb using the following command:

adb push rom.zip /sdcard

but it keeps returning an error message of "permission denied".

What am I doing wrong?
14th April 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
And I also noticed that I can't boot in to the stock recovery mode either. Whenever I try, it takes me to a screen with an upright Android icon with a blue spinning hexagonal shape, the screen goes black and then it self boots back to the LG logo and stays there or reboots again. So I can't get into recovery mode.....
14th April 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #6  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID777

And I also noticed that I can't boot in to the stock recovery mode either. Whenever I try, it takes me to a screen with an upright Android icon with a blue spinning hexagonal shape, the screen goes black and then it self boots back to the LG logo and stays there or reboots again. So I can't get into recovery mode.....

Here is how to unbrick your phone --> LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Here is how to unbrick your phone --> LINK

I've followed this guide to the T and keep receiving this error.

The phone IS connected and recognized by the PC, so I don't know why this is happening. I've tried two different KDZ files, they both give me the same error.
Last edited by ELCID777; 16th April 2014 at 12:52 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread