FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

KitKat Leak for Verizon S4

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 599
 
By KachowPow, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 03:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hot off the press, this was just leaked by SXTP-Developers can anybody bring this baby over to the Verizon Note 3?

Here's the link http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-sc...rizon-kit-kat/
Last edited by KachowPow; 16th April 2014 at 03:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th April 2014, 04:14 AM |#2  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow

Hot off the press, this was just leaked by SXTP-Developers can anybody bring this baby over to the Verizon Note 3?

Here's the link http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-sc...rizon-kit-kat/

We probably don't have to worry much about bringing it to the Note 3 as I'm sure KK for our phone isn't too far behind. About damn time we see something!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 05:01 AM |#3  
KachowPow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 599
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin

We probably don't have to worry much about bringing it to the Note 3 as I'm sure KK for our phone isn't too far behind. About damn time we see something!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.
16th April 2014, 05:08 AM |#4  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow

Wouldn't it be a much safer approach to bring this S4 leaked version over to our Note 3? I mean you could be right KK for the Note 3 might be just around the corner, but what if that version of KK has a similar affect as the version that AT&T received, where the update wiped out Root and there was no way to restore it. Maybe that is something that is just going to happen with the Verizon KK update, Root will be lost, and the bounties will raise again. If you ask me, what if we take a look at the S4 KK leaked ROM and see if it is something that can be ported over to the Note 3, maybe it can, maybe there's a way to keep Root and enjoy KitKat.

I guess I don't know about obtaining root on a stock AT&T KK Note 3, but it seems there are plenty of custom, rooted ROMs based off the newest release. Porting a new version of android without the kernel (for those of us using SS) just seems like it'd be a lot of work and a PITA. Admittedly, I don't know much about this stuff so it may be more straight forward than I know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 02:38 PM |#5  
KachowPow's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 599
 
Donate to Me
More
Would it be possible use a stock KitKat ROM from another carrier such as Sprint, extract the radio, then insert the Verizon radio from S4 leak? I don't know much about ROM building or porting a ROM, but I know you need the correct radios to get it to work properly, maybe if cross-build with what is already available something should work right? and I hope on the retail version side of things...
16th April 2014, 02:48 PM |#6  
Borderpatrol1987's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CIncinnati
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
16th April 2014, 03:26 PM |#7  
DrPhant0m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
I'd think that the biggest issue with porting an S4 ROM to the Note 3 would be S-Pen support. Is that not a concern?
16th April 2014, 03:32 PM |#8  
dakunclear's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Personally I would try to use a Canadian 4.4 Rom since we have had the update for over a month now up here

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
16th April 2014, 07:57 PM |#9  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderpatrol1987

When you start tweaking like that, it's becomes no longer signed, and then it won't flash. Plus I think the kernel is different, which is an automatic stop, as we can't flash different ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

SafeStrap ignores the boot.img even if present, so it can't get flashed on a retail N3.
18th April 2014, 12:49 AM |#10  
AngryManMLS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 774
 
Donate to Me
More
Anything to note on the S4 leak such as root methods and what not?
18th April 2014, 08:45 PM |#11  
beepea206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
The note 3 tar was posted on their site and in another thread. No root exploit is publicly available yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes