[THEME][KIT KAT][n9005 & n900P/V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

OP coldmethod

16th April 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toowoomba, Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,002

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me

Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

See below for some screens.

S5 MMS & Settings

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to ( @Kdio) if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theme Creator Kdio

Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
- ClockPackage_OSup
- MultiWindowTrayService
- JobManager
- Keyguard
- MusicPlayerWT
- Popupcalculator
- SamsungIME
- SecCalculator_3d
- SecCalculator2
- SecContacts_OSup
- SecDownloadProviderUi
- SecEmail_J
- SecGallery2013
- SecLauncher4
- SecMms
- SecPhone
- SecSettings
- SPlanner_2013
- SystemUI
- framework-res
- twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
- ClockworkMod Recovery (preferably Chenglu's CWM (although I can see no reason why any other recovery wouldn't work.))

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install Core files Zip from below
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
- Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install latest iteration
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

n9005 Core Files:

AllBacksBlack.Core.Note3.15062014.v2.0 Non Aroma Installer

n900P/V Core Files:

The below file was made based on Sprint sources and has been reported working on Verizon.

If you have a T-Mobile or AT&T device and would like to test the theme, back-up first flash and give us a report on what works and what doesn't that way I can fix it.

AllBacksBlack.Core.n900.15062014 v1.3 Non Aroma Installer

Flashable n9005 Apps:

Flash after installing the core files, or by itself. This apk is pre-themed.

n9005 S5 SecMMS v2.7 Blue Links

n9005 S5 SecMMS v2.7 White Links

FYI, Scheduled Mms text is dark, I know this and spent 10 hours trying to fix it to no avail. Also, the compose box in the miniapp is grey, I'm still looking for a fix for this.

n9005 Old Versions:

n900P/V Old Versions:

n9005 Changelog:

Code:
15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS

27/04/2014

- S5 Settings
- S5 MMS
- S5 TouchWiz
- S5 SPlanner
- torch icon updated to match Sweet ROM

19/04/2014

- torch icon added for Sweet ROM v14
- network restriction icon in quick settings edit pane fixed

16/04/2014

- Note 3 n9005 Release

n900P/V Changelog

Code:
15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS 

09/06/2014

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed 

08/06/2014

- WiFi calling icon fixed
- Mms apk name corrected
- Removed themed XML's from email apk
- Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

06/06/2014
- n900P Release

ROM Specific Extras:

Enhancements

* Semi-Transparent Notification/Status screen;
* Contacts Background Transparency
* Call banner Transparency
* Call state Transparency

For the above enhancements please pull the below files from your device, upload to your favourite file sharing site then PM me the link.

system\framework\framework-res.apk
system\framework\twframework_res.apk
system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk
system\priv-app\SecPhone.apk
system\priv-app\SecContacts_OSup.apk

Please also include a link to the ROM.

- X-Note V15 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V15 (White)) Includes X-Note settings icons and clear button check this post by @androidslinger for screenshots

- X-Note V15 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V15 (Colour X-Note Icons)) see this post by @androidslinger for screenshots

- X-Note V16 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V16 (White)) Includes X-Note settings icons and clear button.

- X-Note V16 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V16 (Colour X-Note Icons))

- X-Note V17 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V17 (White)) Includes X-Note settings icons and clear button.

- X-Note V17 @soloilmeglio (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.X-Note.V17 (Colour X-Note Icons))

- Sweet ROM v14/V15 @not-i (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Sweet.v14)

- Omega v12 @::indie:: (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Omega.v12) Don't flash over Omega v13 or this will be the result.

- Omega v13 & v14 @::indie:: (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Omega.v13)

- Omega v15 @::indie:: (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Omega.v15)

- Omega v16 @::indie:: (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Omega.v16)

- Omega v17 @::indie:: (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Omega.v17)

- Echoe v13 @friedrich420 (AllBacksBlack.Enhanced.Note3.Echoe.v13)

Flash the above files on the specified ROM's only.

To Do List:

Multi-Window Focus
Task Manager Progress Bars
Stock Music Notification Drawer Album Art Pic and Power Button
You tell me...

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- Sweet ROM v14 (me)
- Sweet ROM v15 {except S5 Music (WIP)} (me)
- Omega v12 (me)
- Omega v13 (4aces)
- Omega v14 (4aces)
- Omega v15 (4aces)
- Omega v16 (4aces)
- Omega v17 (4aces)
- INFAMOUS RC 3.1 {except dialler (WIP)} (Jamonguyen)
- X-NOTE build 13.0 (Khizar}
- Stock (Rooted) T-Mobile ROM {except dialler (WIP)} (954wrecker)
- Echoe ROM v.13 (demmo81)
- Echoe ROM v.14 (4aces)
- [ROM][N9005] XXUEND3 KK 4.4.2 Multi CSC DPI, Ultra Light 848 Mo.(gianton)
- HAL Slim Hybrid ROM (androidslinger)
- SM-N900 Official Russia Stock (4.4.2) (Al-Hasan Ali Al-Abadi)
- X-NOTE build 14.0 (954wrecker}
- X-NOTE build 15.0 (androidslinger)
- Stock Verizon N3 4.4 KK (jrbxx7)
- Assassin v4.0 (androidslinger)
- CivZ_FlexKat_Rev2.8 (ezaechiel)

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
- @not-i for my favourite Note3 ROM.
- @::indie:: for yet another awesome ROM.
- @Chenglu for his excellent recovery.
- @DON AMIGO for his original thread and work on this project.
- Plus anyone else that may have been involved in the above that I am not aware of.
Last edited by coldmethod; 24th July 2014 at 02:10 AM. Reason: OP Updated
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to coldmethod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Campos dos Goytacazes
Thanks Meter: 2,839

1,135 posts
More
Thank you
Hi ALL

First I have to pay a debt ....

@coldmethod's_spouse

Quote:

Dear Madam

Here I come to beg for your pardon.

For the last week or so I've been disposing of yours husbands time but it was all for the good sake of this project. I indeed took advantage of his disease (terminal case of ORD) and had become his daily dealer. You probably had already noticed too the red eyes, low appetite and speaking furiously with himself. These are the symptoms of this disease.

I'm quite sure that this was a huge inconvenience for you all @ home but I have to advise you that it will get worst as now he will take care of this thread too.

You madam deserve all our gratitude for sparing some of his time with us.

In hope that you accept all my apologies.

Nice regards.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

@ALL

As @coldmethod's_spouse do not have her own "Thanks Button", I do request you all to click his button in her behalf.

Best regards.

Last edited by Kdio; 16th April 2014 at 05:34 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kdio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

248 posts
More
@Kdio

Finally the wife has gotten back to me regarding your above letter (she is very "busy"), see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @coldmethod's_spouse

Dear Kdio,

I thank you for your apology, but it feels somewhat holo as I see he is sinking further into this "project".

We have known for sometime that coldmethod has suffered an "illness". Now that you have confirmed it as "ORD" we can seek a cure.

Maybe an Apple a day will keep the ORD away.

Yours Sincerely,

Mrs coldmethod.

Last edited by coldmethod; 22nd April 2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Updated
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coldmethod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Navsari
Thanks Meter: 19

226 posts
More
Is this compatible with N-900? One more with Odex or De-Odexed ROM?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketan_naik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #5  

1,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan_naik

Is this compatible with N-900? One more with Odex or De-Odexed ROM?

Hi ketan_naik

ODEX and DEODEX = Yes, it is.

N-900 = You tell us, but I can say that Yes it should be.

Nice regards and we expect your feedback

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kdio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 114

285 posts
More
WoW WoW WoW WoW

nice work guys.

KDIO + COLDMETHOD

love what've done - great work

all my thanks to you both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DON AMIGO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 67

161 posts
I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing. Thank you again for the cool theme though wish I could help more.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamonguyen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #8  

1,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamonguyen

I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing. Thank you again for the cool theme though wish I could help more.

Hi Jamonguyen

Very unusual behaviour ... see, specially regarding Phone, only PNG's and JPG's were modded. No .xml nor .smali changes. All as was just with another color.

These same modifications are running superbly on S3, S4 and, for some time, has been successfully tested with several N3 subspecies (Note3 start development thread. Thanks to @DON AMIGO who has started this project.)

Could you please provide us with some more details of yours previous set up before AllBacksBlack? Links for ROM, frameworks, mods, etc?

One of the main goals of this project is that it could be safely flashable in all devices variants. As per your report it was not accomplished yet and we will be very grateful with any additional information you could provide.

Thank you very much.

Nice regards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kdio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

248 posts
More
Edit: Ninja'd by the master @Kdio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamonguyen

I'm using Tmo note 3 900T everything worked but phone app was removed after flashing.

Hi Jamonguyen,

Your problem seems rather odd as nothing is removed during the install, all modifications are injected into existing .apk's. When you say the phone app was removed do you mean the icon from home screen/app drawer or removed from the device all together? Also, are you running stock rooted firmware or a custom ROM? If it is the latter could you please let us know which ROM you are using.

Thanks.
Last edited by coldmethod; 17th April 2014 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Ninja'd
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coldmethod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 67

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmethod

Hi Jamonguyen,

Your problem seems rather odd as nothing is removed during the install, all modifications are injected into existing .apk's. When you say the phone app was removed do you mean the icon from home screen/app drawer or removed from the device all together? Also, are you running stock rooted firmware or a custom ROM? If it is the latter could you please let us know which ROM you are using.

Thanks.

I would be more than happy to. You guys are too kind for sure and sorry for not enough feedback. I'm on infamous 3.1 I have xposed running with xbattery and Wanam (just themed the toggles to make it white, w/white letters and icons.) The only mods I can think of was whiterhinos dark dialer theme and I made it 480 dpi with app settings cause I run 420 dpi on everything else. I'm gonna fresh install and check it out again. And the plus side it did theme the s5 sms apk I was running. . Thank you for the fast response and the theme will report back

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to Jamonguyen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
black theme, note3 theme, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread