Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy Ace GT-S5839i Bootloop - Help

OP Egg Chaser

9th April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 3
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
My Mum's Ace GT-S5839i seems to be stuck in a bootloop after it froze when she was playing a game.

I've been trying to recover it using Odin, but I'm not having any luck. These are the steps I tried:

-Downloaded Odin v3.09
-Downloaded the stock firmware (from Sammobile.com)
-Opened Odin
-Put phone into Download Mode
-Connected phone
-Press AP, and selected the firmware file
-Press start

It then fails. This is the message list:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S5839iXXLK2_S5839iH3GLC2_S5839iNELK1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any suggestions as to what I should try? I've never used Odin before, so I'm unsure of what to do.

Thanks
9th April 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 152
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Take your battery out of
your phone, and again insert it and enter into
the download mode by pressing Volume
down + Home + Power button. If your phone
doesn't enters the download mode don't
worry. Connect your phone with PC by USB
cable and open the Odin V1.85 in your PC.
After opening the Odin, Now press V olume
Up + Volume Down + Power Button . Your
phone will now boot in recovery mode by
Odin. After entering into the download mode,
it asks to press Volume Up button, Press it.
Now you're in the download mode by Odin.
While, the Odin running in your PC must
have recognized in your PC. Now select the
Pit Option, and select the .pit file that you
have downloaded with the Odin .zip file .
Now extract the stock ROM file in your
desktop. Then open the Odin. Now you've
selected the .pit file, now leave the boot
loader blank. And select the "PDA " option
and select the file that is named similar to
PDA that you've extracted in the desktop.
And now select the "Phone" and select the
file that is named similar to "MODEM" . Now
select the CSC and select the file name
similar to "CSC" and select it.
Now the Part is over. Just click the Start
Button , and it will be flashing the Stock ROM
on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. Wait
for 5 Minutes, once it is complete. Unplug
the USB cabel, and boot your phone
normally. It'll take 5-10 Minutes for booting
because it is now booting in a new ROM.
And that's it, your phone is now back! Your
phone has got back the Stock ROM !
go to this link for odin 1.87.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...55534169,d.bmk

go to this link for stock rom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2..._SplitFUS2.zip

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by amolgosavi; 9th April 2014 at 08:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 3
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi

Take your battery out of
your phone, and again insert it and enter into
the download mode by pressing Volume
down + Home + Power button. If your phone
doesn't enters the download mode don't
worry. Connect your phone with PC by USB
cable and open the Odin V1.85 in your PC.
After opening the Odin, Now press V olume
Up + Volume Down + Power Button . Your
phone will now boot in recovery mode by
Odin. After entering into the download mode,
it asks to press Volume Up button, Press it.
Now you're in the download mode by Odin.
While, the Odin running in your PC must
have recognized in your PC. Now select the
Pit Option, and select the .pit file that you
have downloaded with the Odin .zip file .
Now extract the stock ROM file in your
desktop. Then open the Odin. Now you've
selected the .pit file, now leave the boot
loader blank. And select the "PDA " option
and select the file that is named similar to
PDA that you've extracted in the desktop.
And now select the "Phone" and select the
file that is named similar to "MODEM" . Now
select the CSC and select the file name
similar to "CSC" and select it.
Now the Part is over. Just click the Start
Button , and it will be flashing the Stock ROM
on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. Wait
for 5 Minutes, once it is complete. Unplug
the USB cabel, and boot your phone
normally. It'll take 5-10 Minutes for booting
because it is now booting in a new ROM.
And that's it, your phone is now back! Your
phone has got back the Stock ROM !
go to this link for odin 1.87.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...55534169,d.bmk

go to this link for stock rom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2..._SplitFUS2.zip

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. I've got a couple of questions, though.

Firstly, it's a GT-S5839i, not a 5830i, so I assume I can't use the 5380i ROM in the link you posted?

Secondly, does it specifically have to be Odin V1.85? I was using the latest version (V3.09)

Thanks.
9th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #4  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 152
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg Chaser

Thanks for the reply. I've got a couple of questions, though.

Firstly, it's a GT-S5839i, not a 5830i, so I assume I can't use the 5380i ROM in the link you posted?

Secondly, does it specifically have to be Odin V1.85? I was using the latest version (V3.09)

Thanks.

U can flash s5830i roms on your device also.. And use 1.87 for that link rom which i given

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 3
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi

U can flash s5830i roms on your device also.. And use 1.87 for that link rom which i given

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I've followed all of the instructions you've posted, but it's still stick on a bootloop.

Any suggestions?
10th April 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 363
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg Chaser

Ok, I've followed all of the instructions you've posted, but it's still stick on a bootloop.

Any suggestions?

Do a "Wipe data/ factory reset" from the stock recovery mod and reboot. That should solve it. Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Leicestershire
Thanks Meter: 3
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

Do a "Wipe data/ factory reset" from the stock recovery mod and reboot. That should solve it. Hope I Helped

For some reason, after running Odin, the phone would say "E:failed to mount /data (invalid argument). After a bit of researching I found some different files that seemed to work. Not sure what the difference was, but they did the trick.

Thanks for pointing me in the right way, though. I've never had to recover a phone before, so I really appreciate the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Egg Chaser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 363
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg Chaser

For some reason, after running Odin, the phone would say "E:failed to mount /data (invalid argument). After a bit of researching I found some different files that seemed to work. Not sure what the difference was, but they did the trick.

Thanks for pointing me in the right way, though. I've never had to recover a phone before, so I really appreciate the help.

Glad I could help buddy!
15th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg Chaser

For some reason, after running Odin, the phone would say "E:failed to mount /data (invalid argument). After a bit of researching I found some different files that seemed to work. Not sure what the difference was, but they did the trick.

Thanks for pointing me in the right way, though. I've never had to recover a phone before, so I really appreciate the help.

I'm also having problems with my S5839i, and I'm also having trouble flashing the firmware with Odin 3.09.

Can you tell me what you ended up doing, and what files you used?
16th April 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #10  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 152
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHowWeLaughed

I'm also having problems with my S5839i, and I'm also having trouble flashing the firmware with Odin 3.09.

Can you tell me what you ended up doing, and what files you used?

Flash stock firmware from odin 1.87..
Read all post of this thread

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes