FW 10.5.A.0.230 - Kitkat 4.4 Finally Rolling Out !

Search This thread

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10
Good News for all
Yesterday Sony Mobile said that the 4.4 update will come in 05/2014
Xperia-ZR-Android-version-overview-640x224.jpg

Sony Mobile Link
and it's not only for Xperia ZR ,but it's also for Xperia Z , ZL , Z Tablet
Hope that it'll be bug free..
Changelog is added to Second Post..

I Can't Wait :D !
Source

EDIT 23/4/2014
---------------------

Build number 10.5.A.0.XXX most likely denotes Android 4.4 KitKat, given that 10.4 firmware was Android 4.3; 10.3 firmware was Android 4.2 and 10.1 firmware was Android 4.1. However, EMMA is a tool where different people have different access levels and there is no doubt this is an early test release, there’s no guarantee this will be the build that will hit phones next month.

Source

EDIT 24/4/2014
---------------------

Today , XDA Member "DooMLoRD" had released some screenshots for the 4.4.2 update of Xperia Z
Here are the screenshots :

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_14-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_15-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_16-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_8-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_4-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_5-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_6-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_7-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_9-640x360.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_10-640x360.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_11-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_12-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_13-315x560.png
Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_17-315x560.png

Thanks DooMLoRD !

Last edited:

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10
Changelog

Here's the official change log of the upcoming Android KitKat update:

• Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation… We’ve added our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
  • If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
  • We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and…
  • Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more!
  • Our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…

Source

Reactions: YashdSaraf

DoO37

Jan 19, 2013
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S10
Build number 10.5.A.0.XXX most likely denotes Android 4.4 KitKat, given that 10.4 firmware was Android 4.3; 10.3 firmware was Android 4.2 and 10.1 firmware was Android 4.1. However, EMMA is a tool where different people have different access levels and there is no doubt this is an early test release, there’s no guarantee this will be the build that will hit phones next month.

OP updated

Reactions: behzadsajadian

John98Zakaria

Jan 23, 2013
Damiatta
Last edited:

effective

Jan 2, 2011
Burgas
I am starting to worry after reading this I hope everything get treated like the other Xperia z series seriously we don't get as much updates as the others although our 18 months aren't finished yet

They say that they didn't find our beloved ZR

http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=22708
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/0...0-230-certified-for-xperia-z-zl-and-tablet-z/

Just..be patient guys..we will get it 100% for sure.We need to wait abit longer.:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good News for all
    Yesterday Sony Mobile said that the 4.4 update will come in 05/2014
    Xperia-ZR-Android-version-overview-640x224.jpg

Sony Mobile Link
    and it's not only for Xperia ZR ,but it's also for Xperia Z , ZL , Z Tablet
    Hope that it'll be bug free..
    Changelog is added to Second Post..

I Can't Wait :D !
    Source

EDIT 23/4/2014
    ---------------------

Source

EDIT 24/4/2014
    ---------------------

Today , XDA Member "DooMLoRD" had released some screenshots for the 4.4.2 update of Xperia Z
    Here are the screenshots :

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_14-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_15-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_16-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_8-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_4-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_5-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_6-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_7-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_9-640x360.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_10-640x360.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_11-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_12-315x560.png

Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_13-315x560.png
    Xperia-Z-KitKat-leaked-screens_17-315x560.png

Thanks DooMLoRD !
    It's a beautiful day :D
    You don't believe in my country ZR is 20% expensive than Z. I prefer ZR for its better battery life time though I prefer the Z slim attractive design.

But according to SONY Z was the flagship and the replacements are Z1 and Z2.. ZR was never been a flagship replacement but an alternative. ZR also has better water resistance compared to Z

+1
    it also happened when i bought my XZR ,this time the XZ was only about 15-20% more expensive than the XZR ,but i preferred the 4.55" display, removable and better battery life, better water resistant

I switched from Xperia Z to ZR, and it's the best decision i've made since I interested in phones :laugh:

Can't believe the difference between two phones, which has the exact specs, sans screen. On the Z, I still experienced lags here and there, but not on ZR! All the apps and settings on my ZR were backed up from the Z. Apps behave just like flying, and it's still on completely stock ROM. Plus point for smaller size, camera button and IP58 water resistance! :good:

From now on, I think I should wait for the smaller version of Sony's flagship phone. They are the best phones on the market :cool:
    Each Quarter have 4 months (1Q - 2Q - 3Q), for this reason 1Q (January to April) - 2Q (May to August) - ETC... if Sony said MID 2Q, this is middle of Second Quarter ( July )

that is the funniest thing i've seen this year :D
    Agreed, we are lucky to have update at all, sony has a reputation for not giving update at all, Xperia Sola and U was their great example they pronounce EOL of those phones in less than a year (and not even ICS updates after that!!),
    let's face it we have a phone that still is under legacy and low activity forum, why's that? because less ppl are looking for a phone, they looking for a big bucket that is larger their hand or pocket size! so why sony even support a phone with low rep? cause to make us happy? they don't care about their low activity phone ppl!!!

Yup ;)
    The Xperia ZR is a low activity phone because peoples don't think. They follow fashion. The fashion of 5" screens...
    I am proud to have a no common phone. I do not like to have the same phone as everyone (Galaxy, iPhone...).
    In addition, in my country(France), the ZR is not normally sold. So I'm one of the only French to have a Xperia ZR! :p

If the ZR has this 4.4 update, it's just because it has a very similar hardware as the Z.

And if we are in low legacy phone, it's also because developers don't care about the little of the Z family.
    But some devs build some ROM for ZR. Like my French friend Alx31TLse (Xperia Z user). :highfive:
    And I'm try to build some ROM for ZR too.