[Q] Safestrap Stock slot showing 0 space available

Search This thread

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
accidentally installed a jellybean copy of dynamic instead of the kit kat version.Safe strap is the kit kat version. Now my stock slot is showing 0 space for system and I cant seem to straighten this mess out. Anyone have any help they can give?

I_R_Josh

Jun 25, 2013
Palmer, AK
Did you install the JB version in a slot? Or is it in the stock slot? Does the rom boot? What happens if you try to install something to the stock slot?

Reactions: knoshann

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
Did you install the JB version in a slot? Or is it in the stock slot? Does the rom boot? What happens if you try to install something to the stock slot?

jb version went into the stock slot, boots till it gets to the safestrap options screen and i cannot install anything into any slot....the stock slot shows
0 space but the data partition has almost 27 gigs.

im at a loss

I_R_Josh

Jun 25, 2013
Palmer, AK
What (if any) errors do you get when doing just a wipe on the stock slot?

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

I_R_Josh

Jun 25, 2013
Palmer, AK
Will it let you mount system in the "mount" tab?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I had some file system errors that only went away with a wipe from stock recovery.

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I had some file system errors that only went away with a wipe from stock recovery.

how do i get the stock recovery back?

no it wont let me mount system ....and thanks for your help here

I_R_Josh

Jun 25, 2013
Palmer, AK
I was still able to boot the rom, so I rebooted to stock recovery from there. There's usually a combination (holding home/power/volume) while booting but I haven't done it yet on this phone. Lemme look around/test on my phone.

I_R_Josh

Jun 25, 2013
Palmer, AK
Hold power/home/volume up all at the same time.

(I sent this earlier but it never went through. ..)

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
Tried kies recovery and now its even more messed up. I'll play with it some more and see what happens

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

kizzle4

Nov 5, 2010
Same problem

accidentally installed a jellybean copy of dynamic instead of the kit kat version.Safe strap is the kit kat version. Now my stock slot is showing 0 space for system and I cant seem to straighten this mess out. Anyone have any help they can give?

I had installed kitkat instead of jelly bean, was even on new kit kat safestrap 3.72... I even tried the factory recoverys wipe, now i have no roms, and 0/0 free space on system and 0/0 on data in stock slot, and nothing else installed at all.. when i did at least have working rom in slot 1. Someone please haaalp! lol

Last edited:

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
I had installed kitkat instead of jelly bean, was even on new kit kat safestrap 3.72... I even tried the factory recoverys wipe, now i have no roms, and 0/0 free space on system and 0/0 on data in stock slot, and nothing else installed at all.. when i did at least have working rom in slot 1. Someone please haaalp! lol

Here you go. Follow this guide. This is probably your only option at this point.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

kizzle4

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks. Have all that downloaded and ready to go.. have rom running on slot 1. Just obviously missing space overall now. Is there anyway to just restore that partition? Has anyone else experienced this? All I did was wipe like the rim thread told me to do. Don't understand how and why this happened.

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
Thanks. Have all that downloaded and ready to go.. have rom running on slot 1. Just obviously missing space overall now. Is there anyway to just restore that partition? Has anyone else experienced this? All I did was wipe like the rim thread told me to do. Don't understand how and why this happened.

Any luck with this? I have about the same issue but haven't had a chance to give this a try

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was still able to boot the rom, so I rebooted to stock recovery from there. There's usually a combination (holding home/power/volume) while booting but I haven't done it yet on this phone. Lemme look around/test on my phone.

Any luck with this? I have about the same issue but haven't had a chance to give this a try

Ended up doing mj5 restore. Staying on jelly bean for now...