[Q] Way to find out why phone not deep sleeping?

Search This thread

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I am running Skyfall with stock kernel. I was getting decent battery life, but today noticed that phone was awake for 2 of the 4 hours that it was off the charger. I have gsam and wake detector and wake detector shows nothing crazy that wakes it. I did disable location reporting, so maybe that might be pissing off some apps? I have not installed any new apps, only change was location reporting.

Thanks in advance.

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
Was it doing it before you installed gsam? I installed it and my battery went downhill. After I removed it battery got dramatically better.

For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
For clarification, you're saying that gsam was killing your battery? I'm trying to figure out if it's killing mine lol. But I have no other way of seeing my screen on time :/

It seemed like it. I installed it while I still had BBS running. While I was running GSAM my awake time was about 2.5 hours out of just under 4 hrs total and the phone was just in my pocket most of the time. After I removed it and rebooted the awake time stayed proportional to the time I was actually using it. Other than turning on WiFi optimization I can't think of anything else I did. So it may have been either one but I didn't have WiFi optimization on before I installed GSAM and my battery life was okay.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010

I have tried with and without gsam. I flashed the lastest firmware and radios and also the snapdragon app that monitors your use and is supposed to save on battery and today I got 3 hours of SOT, off charger for 16 hours and still have 55% left. And wake time back down to normal use. Im about to flash the latest Skyfall so we will see how things go on that build.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
So started getting bad wake locks again. I looked and saw media server using a good portion. I have 0 media on my phone as I just stream. Anyone else seeing this issue?