[3-15-15][firmware][all stock img]All files have updated to Lillipop

Search This thread

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Current firmware zip will always be posted at top of OP. So if you are wondering what file is the new one this will solve that. All other files current an past will be in the downloads section in post #2

5.0.1 FIRMWARE(no boot.img or recovery.img I removed those 2 images so you can upgrade firmware on any rom your running

IF you are using TWRP use this one as it included the latest TWRP which is mandatory for new firmware. Failure to comply will lead to possible bricking!

:good:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934537898:good:

CWM users can use the following which contains no recovery.img

:good:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934537415:good:

Want to remove your red warning message on boot then check my other thread out here http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/development/mod-t3047228

Current numbers

Android 4.4.4
CID-VZW__001
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.09.20.926
OpenDSP-v46.2.2-00564-M8974_FO.0811
OS-3.28.605.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Sep 30 2014,01:16:07.0

Android 5.0.1
CID-VZW__001
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.12.20.1211
OpenDSP-v47.2.2-00564-M8974_FO.1024
OS-4.17.605.5
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 3 2015,21:50:28.0 .

You can check an compare yours to these to see if your up to date. It is a must you only check for these on your phone in the bootloader

Also here is a video that was posted that shows how to update via this process.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e21qb7iZAOo&feature=youtube
Big thanks to @owenbeals

There is no need to rename the file just leave it as is so you don't rename it an then get error can not open file because you didn't rename it correctly. A lot of people seem to think they have to rename the file to firmware.zip which isn't correct at all

Instructions

Download firmware zip
reboot your phone to bootloader
Place your firmware zip in your fastboot folder
Open CMD terminal on pc in your file you fastboot from.
Plug phone into pc
In terminal first cmd you need is
Fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip nameofyourfile.zip
It should ask you to reflush immediately in your cmd terminal,when it does proceed to next cmd

Once all is good on your end an your ready to reboot phone use this final cmd

Fastboot reboot-bootloader

All stand alone radios can be found here

Credit to dottat for 4.4.3 firmware zip
[/CENTER]

Last edited:

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Last edited:

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
I contacted Santod about making a flashable files From the vzw update..

He has been kind enough tho throw this together for us an told me to share for us users.

Downloads
Santod Mods's files for HTC One M8 | Androidfilehost.com | free website & file hosting for Android Developers
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13966

These r fastboot flash only. Flash at your own risk.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You know this has an hboot in it right?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gmoe65

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007
Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
There is no need for concern flashing a new hboot, as long as you are already s-off.
The full firmware does include the stock recovery though.
I would just flash the one without the Boot.img/recovery...
Will post an updated NoRedText hboot and Faux Locked hboot later as well.

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007
There is no need for concern flashing a new hboot, as long as you are already s-off.

That sounds great, let us know :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current firmware zip will always be posted at top of OP. So if you are wondering what file is the new one this will solve that. All other files current an past will be in the downloads section in post #2

5.0.1 FIRMWARE(no boot.img or recovery.img I removed those 2 images so you can upgrade firmware on any rom your running

IF you are using TWRP use this one as it included the latest TWRP which is mandatory for new firmware. Failure to comply will lead to possible bricking!

:good:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934537898:good:

CWM users can use the following which contains no recovery.img

:good:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934537415:good:

Want to remove your red warning message on boot then check my other thread out here http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/development/mod-t3047228

Current numbers

Android 4.4.4
    CID-VZW__001
    HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
    RADIO-1.09.20.926
    OpenDSP-v46.2.2-00564-M8974_FO.0811
    OS-3.28.605.4
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Sep 30 2014,01:16:07.0

Android 5.0.1
    CID-VZW__001
    HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
    RADIO-1.12.20.1211
    OpenDSP-v47.2.2-00564-M8974_FO.1024
    OS-4.17.605.5
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Feb 3 2015,21:50:28.0 .

You can check an compare yours to these to see if your up to date. It is a must you only check for these on your phone in the bootloader

Also here is a video that was posted that shows how to update via this process.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e21qb7iZAOo&feature=youtube
    Big thanks to @owenbeals

There is no need to rename the file just leave it as is so you don't rename it an then get error can not open file because you didn't rename it correctly. A lot of people seem to think they have to rename the file to firmware.zip which isn't correct at all

Instructions

Download firmware zip
    reboot your phone to bootloader
    Place your firmware zip in your fastboot folder
    Open CMD terminal on pc in your file you fastboot from.
    Plug phone into pc
    In terminal first cmd you need is
    Fastboot oem rebootRUU
    It should ask you to reflush immediately in your cmd terminal,when it does proceed to next cmd

Once all is good on your end an your ready to reboot phone use this final cmd

Fastboot reboot-bootloader

All stand alone radios can be found here

Credit to dottat for 4.4.3 firmware zip
    [/CENTER]
    Vzw lollipop is out once I get ota ill upload firmware rt away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Free mobile app
    Firmware Flashing - How to avoid getting hung at boot on 4.4.4 based roms

Firmware Upgrading Announcement:

Using the SD card method is certainly easy, however it is causing issues that I don't wanna deal with, and I'm sure other devs do not want to deal with and YOU the user will also not want to deal with.

So please read!

Explanation:

Using fastboot mode to flash the firmware, requires you to do a "reflush" of the firmware.
    See my instructions in the OP for fastboot method to see what I am talking about, when I say reflush.
    Basically you do the fastboot flash zip firmware.zip command twice.
    The reason for this, is that some firmwares require it. (our 4.4.4 update does!)
    First it loads important files from the zip that will enable the rest to properly install during the reflush/reflash step.
    Then it will say that part of the process failed and to reflush.
    Then you issue the command a second time, and the device reboots and flashes the firmware zip a second pass.
    This reboot happens so that the first files it flashed, can actually be loaded, in preparation for the rest of the files it flashes in the second pass.
    After it flashes for the second time, you will see success in the command prompt/terminal.
    Then you know you have flashed the entire firmware package in its entirety.

When doing the SD card method, you are only getting the first pass of files, as you do not see or know that a second pass is needed.
    This will cause you to hang at the splash screen after flashing a new 4.4.4 based rom.
    You will think it's the rom, since you "thought" you flashed the new firmware.
    It's possible, but I cannot confirm, that doing the SD card method twice in a row, would serve the same purpose as doing the "reflush" in terminal.
    But since I can't say that for sure and I know the fastboot method works without a hitch, that is what I am suggesting folks do.
    If you absolutely cannot access a computer and use fastboot, you should at the very least, do the firmware flash twice from your SD card, in hopes that doing so will flash all the files and prevent you from not booting on 4.4.4 roms.

This is pretty critical, as it may help prevent me and others from reading reports over and over and over again, about flashing a 4.4.4 rom and getting hung at the splash screen.
    So I hope everyone reads this and understands what I am saying and takes the advice I am giving.
    As that's about all I can do at this point to try and avoid these issues from here on.
    This will save me, other devs, and most importantly YOU from having headaches after updating...

Thanks for taking the time to read this announcement and Happy Flashing!
    First of all thanks to the guy of the OP and for the files..
    Second I'm confused as hell lol.
    So I'm a strong believer of there's no such thing as a stupid question...
    My question is.. Can I update the firmware as it is on the OP when I'm running Skyfall (latest)?
    will it be safe to flash is as it is or is it necessary to delete hboot or any other file that could break root or S-OFF??

Thanks in advance and excuse my confusion.. I been reading the whole thread and between some Yes and some No and blah blah I don't even know...

Flash as is, no need to do anything to it.
    It will not break root.
    It will not break s-off.
    It will not wipe device.
    It does not contain the stock recovery(was removed)
    It does not contain the stock boot.img(this is the kernel and ramdisk), as that won't work for many roms and most people are running custom roms with custom kernels.
    Flashing the stock secure boot.img with write protection enabled is not what most users will want.
    So those two items are often removed from uploaded firmware zips(I always do).
    It will not change your rom.
    It will not clean your room.
    It will not eat your dog.
    It will simply update your firmware which includes the new hboot, radio, modem related data and files, touchscreen driver, adsp and other misc firmware.
    So it is safe to flash as is on pretty much any and all current roms. Sense or Aosp, doesn't matter, 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.4.4.
    :good: