Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No magazineUX

Tip us?

morell2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Default No magazineUX

Again samsung fail

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Note 10.1 2014 edition 32g
Galaxy S4 I9500 16g
Owner

abdielol
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This is good news to me, tbh.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abdielol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LMMT
Old
Thanks Meter 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdielol View Post
This is good news to me, tbh.
Excellent news

Sent from my SM-N900P

hpblze
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Ok ?

Wait .. Isn't that a good thing , no bloat - ware ...
A couple of months back Samsung signed an agreement with Google that they will try to reduce the modifications to the stock Android experience
I think this is the result of that agreement.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4150
The only 4.4 ROM out right now is for the Columbian Wi-Fi version. It could be the same ROM as for other markets or it may not be. Magazine UX is still on the N10.1-14 microsite where it first appeared after the Pro's started shipping. It may mean something or it may not.

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...1/feature.html

If it does end up permanently missing I won't be too upset. When M-UX was first shown at CES I thought it was cool because there were a ton of widgets and you could create tiles for any installed app. In and of itself it could have been a potential alternate UI. What was released with the Pro's was completely neutered. From three home pages with one being the main home screen it's been reduced to one tagged on at the end of the traditional TW home pages. Most of the widgets left are just modular pieces of My Magazine which means it went from being a hidden pull-up to mandatorily consuming a home page that could be used for other things instead. I use all my home pages so wasn't keen on giving one up to M-UX in its current state. It's not even called Magazine UX anymore. It's now "Content Home."

There is a downside. I was kind of hoping the N10.1-14 would have been made s/w compatible with the Pro's to increase the frequency of updates received. If M-UX and other UI-based features from the Pro's have been left out we'll end up being an odd duck and 4.4 might be the last major update we see. It certainly won't help update timing, that's for sure.

Time will tell...

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 255
You really want that bloated crap? I'm glad it's not on there.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
You really want that bloated crap? I'm glad it's not on there.
If I wanted AOSP I wouldn't have spent what I did on a tablet that has more added on top of Android than any other device on the planet. You'll find this shocking but some folks actually do use the N10.1-14 to get work done and a lot of that "bloated crap" is what makes that possible.

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Actually I wasn't talking to you hammer, it was for the op.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
Actually I wasn't talking to you hammer, it was for the op.
My bad. But this is a mixed forum. 1/3 actually use the N10.1-14 as a creation/productivity device as Samsung intended. 1/3 bought if for the high-end h/w, stripped it bare s/w wise, and I guess use it primarily for consumption and gaming. The other 1/3 are somewhere in between. What pleases one group pisses the other off. To each their own.

S Pen and s/w combined are more important to Note purchasers than the h/w. Even the Samsung brand is more important than h/w. Maybe not on XDA but for the rest of the masses that make up 95+% of Note sales. TW won't win any design awards but it does provide a level of functionality, especially on the Note's, that makes having it a positive; at least for me.

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 255
I understand and do enjoy your posts here. I'm looking at it for what it is a Flip board home screen and do not see it being useful for most when you can have the same functionality already. Yes my tablet is a luxury device to me that I wanted but don't need. If it bums you guys out that it's missing then I apologize, but I'm glad I don't have it running...

The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]