OP morell2

7th January 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

471 posts
Donate to Me
Hello,
I got infomation from Samsung in mail.
I was angry about the new tablets were out yesterday at CES 2014.
So,I did something and sent a mail for Samsung.
They said the update is soon no have ETA.
The update will be 4.4 and redesign of the Touchwiz like the new tablets (TabPRO).
That's awesome news for us!
Yours,
Morel:laugh
Last edited by morell2; 19th January 2014 at 04:51 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morell2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morell2

Hello,
I got infomation from Samsung in mail.
I was angry about the new tablets were out yesterday at CES 2014.
So,I did something and sent a mail for Samsung.
They said the update is soon no have ETA.
The update will be 4.4 and redesign of the Touchwiz like the new tablets (TabPRO).
That's awesome news for us!
Yours,
Morel

I wonder if it will get all the features like more than 2 windows feature on multiwindow etc. I really want this tablet but now i'm very confused about if it's not going to get Magazine UX or it's going to get it but not all the features etc. Samsung should really make an announcement or something, or there will be a big pause on the sales of Note 10.1 2014 I think.
7th January 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 380

1,558 posts
More
Always nice to get latest updates. But I'm not really sure about that touchwiz design. Seems alot more restrictive and what I love most about Android is that I can customise it the way I like. So we'll see��

also the magazine view is already kinda there when you open the my magazine app ��
Last edited by clouds5; 7th January 2014 at 10:32 PM.
7th January 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5

Always nice to get latest updates. But I'm not really sure about that touchwiz design. Seems alot more restrictive and what I love most about Android is that I can customise it the way I like. So we'll see��

also the magazine view is already kinda there when you open the my magazine app ��

You're right. But the most important change that I'm curious about is the 4 multiwindows feature. New UI would still be better as the current one needs a refresh but that multiwindow feature is a must have. So I think I'm gonna wait for Samsung to officially announce what is going to happen to Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets. I hope they make it soon so i can get my hands on the Note 10.1.
8th January 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 114

579 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunn

You're right. But the most important change that I'm curious about is the 4 multiwindows feature. New UI would still be better as the current one needs a refresh but that multiwindow feature is a must have. So I think I'm gonna wait for Samsung to officially announce what is going to happen to Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets. I hope they make it soon so i can get my hands on the Note 10.1.

If you have root you can already have the 4 window feature. I am using it right now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558517

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
8th January 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #6  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1313

If you have root you can already have the 4 window feature. I am using it right now.

I don't have the device right now. I got one but it was a faulty one so I returned it and now I'm waiting for everything to be clear about the future of the device. But if I get it I won't root it at least for a year because of warranty issues and last time I checked there was not any root method that doesn't trip the know counter. But still thank you
8th January 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 70

586 posts
I'm pretty sure it won't get 4 multi window at least without root. The software would be similar to the 10.1 tab pro which can only do 2 windows.

8th January 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 12

87 posts
More
Aside from the screen size, and the fact that the 12.2 NotePro has USB3, the specs of these devices are IDENTICAL.

The 10.1 TabPro is identical to the 2014 specwise 10.1 in everything except stylus.

Would I be correct in assuming then that the OS on these devices would largely be the same? So KitKat on the 12.2 NotePro would in essence work on the 10.1 2014...? So Samsung should have no issue or delay in releasing 4.4 to the 2014 Note?
8th January 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #9  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 152

733 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinoz

Aside from the screen size, and the fact that the 12.2 NotePro has USB3, the specs of these devices are IDENTICAL.

The 10.1 TabPro is identical to the 2014 specwise 10.1 in everything except stylus.

Would I be correct in assuming then that the OS on these devices would largely be the same? So KitKat on the 12.2 NotePro would in essence work on the 10.1 2014...? So Samsung should have no issue or delay in releasing 4.4 to the 2014 Note?

Yeah so far it seems so, which is why everyone (Inc myself) are expecting a kitkat update for our tablet around the release of the Note Pro 12.2 , but like I always say nothing is ever simple with Samsung lol.
8th January 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 31

399 posts
Honestly I'm more hoping for that fact that the release of these additional devices with the same specs results in more development for ours, because everything that works on them should technically work on ours?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread