Remove All Ads from XDA

Best apps for handwritten note taking

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
By FletchF, Senior Member on 26th November 2013, 03:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'd like to hear recommendations from anyone using their N7 to take handwritten notes in meetings or classes. I wasn't sure which forum would be the best place to ask, but I'm interested in hearing about both apps and styluses (active or passive) that best serve the purpose. I am not an artist, but would sometimes need to draw simple diagrams along with handwritten notes. Thanks.
26th November 2013, 05:32 PM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 25
My friend recommended Lecturenotes to me-- what I don't know, after using Repligo PDF reader to make some notes on a PDF (an excellent program for doing that) is if writing with a stylus on the N7 is ever really going to be good enough. Maybe I got a bad stylus or something-- it's got a mesh tip-- but I really don't love the experience. Mostly I end up Swyping my notes and using the stylus to add a cross out or arrow or something once in a while.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
26th November 2013, 07:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
FWIW, I've been playing with Papyrus and Genial 2 using one of these:

It feels quite clumsy and slow and I'm hoping others have better suggestions. It's also possible that if I just pick a solution and spend some time using it, it will become more natural over time.
27th November 2013, 04:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0
I dont have a stylus but My Script Stylus beta look promising.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
19th May 2014, 10:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0
Post Best ANDROID app for Adonit Jot Pro?
I just purchased an Adonit Jot Pro stylus ... I am wondering what ANDROID app will work best for taking NOTES on premade PDF (my ebook/textbook)?? It would be nice if it worked with VitalSource ereader but I'm not holding my breath on that one. My pen should be here tomorrow and I have class on Wednesday (math!) and it would be great to have it up and running in time.

Suggestions? I definitely need it able to take notes on PDFs ... it's more for taking notes (and drawing math problems/graphing) then anything else.

I plan on using it most on my Nexus 7 ... but could potentially use the HTC One although I think with the little plastic disk on the bottom of the stylus it won't give enough range.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread