Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best apps for handwritten note taking

Tip us?

FletchF
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Best apps for handwritten note taking

I'd like to hear recommendations from anyone using their N7 to take handwritten notes in meetings or classes. I wasn't sure which forum would be the best place to ask, but I'm interested in hearing about both apps and styluses (active or passive) that best serve the purpose. I am not an artist, but would sometimes need to draw simple diagrams along with handwritten notes. Thanks.

Larrondo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
My friend recommended Lecturenotes to me-- what I don't know, after using Repligo PDF reader to make some notes on a PDF (an excellent program for doing that) is if writing with a stylus on the N7 is ever really going to be good enough. Maybe I got a bad stylus or something-- it's got a mesh tip-- but I really don't love the experience. Mostly I end up Swyping my notes and using the stylus to add a cross out or arrow or something once in a while.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
LG Nexus 4 (8GB) xposed and gravitybox. Nexus 7 (16gb) xposed and gravitybox.

FletchF
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
FWIW, I've been playing with Papyrus and Genial 2 using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-T...EZU/ref=sr_1_1.

It feels quite clumsy and slow and I'm hoping others have better suggestions. It's also possible that if I just pick a solution and spend some time using it, it will become more natural over time.

melcisor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I dont have a stylus but My Script Stylus beta look promising.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Sharon Kay
Old
(Last edited by Sharon Kay; 19th May 2014 at 10:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Post Best ANDROID app for Adonit Jot Pro?

I just purchased an Adonit Jot Pro stylus ... I am wondering what ANDROID app will work best for taking NOTES on premade PDF (my ebook/textbook)?? It would be nice if it worked with VitalSource ereader but I'm not holding my breath on that one. My pen should be here tomorrow and I have class on Wednesday (math!) and it would be great to have it up and running in time.

Suggestions? I definitely need it able to take notes on PDFs ... it's more for taking notes (and drawing math problems/graphing) then anything else.

I plan on using it most on my Nexus 7 ... but could potentially use the HTC One although I think with the little plastic disk on the bottom of the stylus it won't give enough range.

Thank you!