Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MX Player, issue playing WMV files.

Tip us?

RaptorZX3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Video MX Player, issue playing WMV files.

A lot of peoples told me to use MX Player as it's the best player out there for the Nexus 7.

So far it's fine, but the biggest problem i got is when playing WMV files. The video picture is fine (nothing weird like mosaic or strange colors going on), but most of the time the video would play slowly and the audio would get out of sync, so after a while the audio stop and resume when the video is back in sync, but then goes out of sync again. And this happen all the time.

I can't switch MX Player to H/W or H/W+ while playing WMV files, it seem to be forced to play them in S/W mode.

Is there a way i could, somehow, fix this problem? Should i download an optional codec for it?

I tested MX Player on my other tablet (Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II) and MX Player said it needed the ARMv7 NEON codec plug-in to be downloaded. And the WMV files seem to work just fine, and it use H/W mode. (unable to play in H/W+ mode though)

chris198810
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If the 3rd party video app MX player can't help you play WMV files on Nexus 7 with smooth playback, an alternative solution is to convert WMV to Nexus 7 native supported format like MP4. I've played a pile of videos AVI, WMV, MKV, VOB, FLV on Nexus 7 successfully with HD quality after encoding those videos to MP4 video before transferring to the device.
Tags
mx player, playback problem, wmv