Vanir / AICP / SOKP [Q/A]- DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

bobfrantic

I installed your VanirAOSP 4.4.2 but I had no network, the baseband and also the IMEI were unknown. I followed all steps for installation. I used TWRP, and was on a stock firmware when I did the installation. Returned to stock via ODIN and network was back and so was the IMEI. What could be cause of this. It also happened with 2 other 4.4.2 roms. Most puzzled.

Last edited:

vickyushu

Oct 27, 2013
Jaipur
I installed your VanirAOSP 4.4.2 but I had no network, the baseband and also the IMEI were unknown. I followed all steps for installation. I used TWRP, and was on a stock firmware when I did the installation. Returned to stock via ODIN and network was back and so was the IMEI. What could be cause of this. It also happened with 2 other 4.4.2 roms. Most puzzled.

use cwm to flash if u r using vanir stock recovery work too just flash data and cache and try again the new build everything working fine let me know if u still facing such problem

Reactions: bobfrantic

pankspoo

Account currently disabled
Really liked aicp rom very smooth
I flashed cpu oc kernels of any rom that worked rom booted and everything was fine
but when i want gpu and cpu oc kernel then i flashed oc kernel of omni 4.4 , resurrection remix roms oc kernel and phone goes in bootloop i dont want to download whole latest rom of aicp that have cpu and gpu oc kernel can u give me its boot.img

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
Android operating system (above one) is draining battery, battery dropped approx. 20% at night. How to "fix" this?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398417287689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398417287689.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
Can't install xda app, gettings this error: Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card, I can install other apps but not xda app :confused:

May 8, 2014
Foshan
hello

Turn off internet overnight. Syncing is draining battery.

Hello everyone.
My English is not good. Please forgive me.
I come from China forum, like brush ROMs.

··But the Great Wall firewall, cause I can't download your compiled ROMs,
which is a pity!
But I can download SkyDrive here, 【dev-host ]and【mediafire.]you can use ROMs to upload it?

i like yours ROMs VanirAOSP,can you upload it on dev-host ]or【mediafire? thank you!
We Chinese fans will thank you for your kindness!

Last edited:

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello everyone.
My English is not good. Please forgive me.
I come from China forum, like brush ROMs.

··But the Great Wall firewall, cause I can't download your compiled ROMs,
which is a pity!
But I can download SkyDrive here, 【dev-host ]and【mediafire.]you can use ROMs to upload it?

i like yours ROMs VanirAOSP,can you upload it on dev-host ]or【mediafire? thank you!
We Chinese fans will thank you for your kindness!

Did you checked his blog? This ROM is hosted on both sites dev-host and mediafire.

http://milivic.wordpress.com/

Reactions: shut_down

$4ND!P

Apr 9, 2012
New Delhi
I like AICP rom..evry feature of this rom is awesom...2 dayz ago i installed this rom but after charging why its show auto charging..i mean to say my mobile was not connected to charger and its show charging indicator...tell me wat to do to resolve this issue..now i revert to other rom n evry thing is running perfect & with any auto charging issue.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vickyushu

Oct 27, 2013
Jaipur
I like AICP rom..evry feature of this rom is awesom...2 dayz ago i installed this rom but after charging why its show auto charging..i mean to say my mobile was not connected to charger and its show charging indicator...tell me wat to do to resolve this issue..now i revert to other rom n evry thing is running perfect & with any auto charging issue.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i see this soon and i fixed this in my next build

volanis1980

Jan 21, 2013
I installed the latest Vanir ROM and i have a little bug. I cannot preview the ring and the notification sounds. I scroll down and selecting some sounds but no sound is heared. Phone rings normally when someone calls me.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vanir 2015-05-26

Hi guys!

New build is out :)
    Changelog:
    * restored old binary blobs - camera is working again
    * added Synapse and UKM profiles for LiveOPP voltage and Mali parameters control
    * Switched toolchains: android 4.7 --> 4.8-linaro, kernel: 4.9-linaro
    * Switched thumb mode from -Os to -O3 (by @JustArchi)
    * Added ro.hwui.* parameters optimized for Janice screen size

In progress is the implementation of more compiler optimizations by @JustArchi.. I'm also exploring the LTO and FDO gcc features, but that will definately take a lot of time (but can potentially give up to about 15% speed increase and code size reduction, so it's something worth fighting for)

Enjoy ;)

P.S.
    I hope you realize that my subsequent builds are only about optimization/tuning/facelifting - cm-11.0 branch of both CyanogenMod and Vanir is not updated anymore.
    vanir 2015-05-20

Hi guys!
    New build:)
    Changes:

- fixed menu button unlock screen issue
    - added apns-conf.xml
    - added Smart Pulldown from OmniROM
    - improved brightness values
    - updated binary blobs to I9070XXLQL_I9070ITVLQ5_ITV this causes camera problem,
    - double tap on home button switches to previous app
    - changed behaviour quicksettings GPS tile - tap can turn location on and then cycles between battery saving and high accuracy modes
    - dalvik-cache rebuild is now multithreaded - lasts half the time

REMEMBER - after flashing the rom, flash restore_blobs.zip - I don't see the point for downloading 200mb again to replace 4mb worth of files, but I will make available a fixed version.
    Hi guys ;)
    I've refreshed my Vanir build and also integrated my modifications (high power torch, mk kernel 5.6.1) with it. It doesn't differ much from last Vanir daily though - most key packages for cm-11 branch aren't developed anymore, so all that might appear are some bugfixes.

As an experiment - I'm sharing it via torrent.

BTW try ART - it's awesome!
    Wow ;) that's quite a review ;) thanks :)
    I am quite happy with this build.

Really love the complete control over hardware keys (I use double tap on home button to switch to the last app, great way for fast multitasking, long press on lockscreen to turn on torch, long press back button to kill app).
    Yes, that's what I like very much about Vanir :)
    Haven't experienced a low in-call volume but call recording is not working and sometimes it takes too long for the screen to turn on when receiving the call (once it took 5-7 seconds and I couldn't answer because the screen just would not turn on).
    I just press home button - usually helps. I just got used to it. Fact of the matter is that I don't know where to even start looking for cause of this :/
    You should consider adding to the /etc folder apns.conf since it is a real pain to set up access points when you know that it can be done automatically if that file is not missing.
    Ok, I'll do it - I didn't wipe the phone so I didn't notice it. If you happen to know where to get a 'recent' one, or even have one, drop it here;)
    And, just a suggestion, it will be nice if someone would redefine levels for better autobrightness control (they are just off to me and I tried to set them manually like I did on many devices but the lux values made no sense to me and the preview "curve" on default levels is just not right).
    Yes, autobrightness sucks, but I couldn't find the code responsible for it. Is it the same on other cm roms, or is it vanir specific (I'm asking because I haven't used any other)?
    In fact the sucking goes deeper than the interface -our light sensor can output as many as 512 different values (in comparison there are only 300 brightness values out of which you can choose only 26 levels), so we could have something like continous autobrightness instead of just 5 levels. But regretably I was not able to find the code :(

I went around it - if you want, I can send you the script and if tests are successful, I'll include it in the next build.
    Also, please consider adding some kind of a file manager in the build.
    No - file manager is a 'personal' thing, there are many different and it's very unlikely that one will suit everyone. It'd only be an unnnecessary junk - if someone needs one, they'll get their favorite one :) Personally I use total commander, which I'm not even sure can be included into rom... I'm more of a less-is-better type ;) If someone wanted a bloated firmware, they would have stayed with samsung ;P
    Final suggestion, you could add an option for the quick settings to automatically show when there are no notifications.
    Would be possible, maybe someday - I don't really need it. I use Quick Pulldown option - requires a bit of getting used to, but after that it's just fine.
    Just to mention, maybe there is sth. wrong with my device since I have this issue on every rom, when my wifi is on, the ratio between deep sleep and awake time when not using the phone is 30% vs 70% (so 70% awake time with screen off and not using a phone at all), but on mobile data is 95% vs 5%. Maybe you will have some insight on this.
    1. What wifi sleep policy have you got selected?
    2. Check the wake locks (I used GSam Battery Monitor)
    3. If wake locks are the problem - were for me - go to settings/security/privacy guard/advanced/device and look for 'keep awake' and disable it. Once I disabled it for google play services, everything went back to normal (it wasn't sleeping at all)
    Oh, and there is no need to call this build "experimental" :)
    'Experimental' is the distribution method ;) My Vanir build is by all means vanilla, stable and not to be experimented upon ;)
    It is quite stable and since you are planning to release bug fixes you should consider opening a new thread.
    Where did I say that? I don't since there aren't any bugs (as in pain-in-the-ass bugs, not inconveniences like youtube in the browser).
    But if any improvements are made, I'll be happy to make another release

Thanks for your time :)
    Yeah, it's just awesome :) I've tried the script from your previous post but my values does not match yours in the table (see the screenshots) and I'm not seeing any difference in the auto brightness behaviour.

It just didn't run. Did you flash the optional kernel or are you running on the one from rom? if not - flash release_noswp (I'm not finished mixing in my changes to init.rc scripts - maybe sth is missing). If this doesn't help (which would be strange), move the script to /system/etc/init.d and report back.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Is there a chance that we could see some lollipop love for vanir? :D
    Not from me - with kk vanir set up the way I have now I simply don't need lollipop _this_ much. Maybe when cm12.1 by hasta is more-less working (on my scale, not yours), I'll give it a try. But I doubt it... SGA is a dying breed... Well... maybe if I have too much free time... just for the sake of it ;) but for now I'm waiting for any L5 distro to be stable on sga - I can port it then... I'm not that determined to do it on my own...