Sprint S3 Flashed to Boost Question

Search This thread

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
Hi I'm sorry if this has already been answered , but is it safe to just flash any sprint/boost Rom to the Sprint version of the s3 ? Again it is flashed to Boost currently , so would putting a boost ROM instead of "modified" sprint stock ROM work ?

Sorry if it sounds confusing I just wanted to clear that up, in my eyes I'm figuring that since it is sprint, and flashed to boost, installing a new ROM would mess with the flash and put it back to sprint, which of course we don't want.

I just wanted to double check with the community before flashing away, thanks in advance for any answers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

alemosman

Nov 19, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi I'm sorry if this has already been answered , but is it safe to just flash any sprint/boost Rom to the Sprint version of the s3 ? Again it is flashed to Boost currently , so would putting a boost ROM instead of "modified" sprint stock ROM work ?

Sorry if it sounds confusing I just wanted to clear that up, in my eyes I'm figuring that since it is sprint, and flashed to boost, installing a new ROM would mess with the flash and put it back to sprint, which of course we don't want.

I just wanted to double check with the community before flashing away, thanks in advance for any answers.

I believe it would work just fine, i recently flashed a stock sprint ROM to my out of box Boost S3, Problem here is you might find it difficult getting Boost Stock ROMs especially the JB 4.3. you might also want to do NAM Backup before you proceed in flashing.

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
I believe it would work just fine, i recently flashed a stock sprint ROM to my out of box Boost S3, Problem here is you might find it difficult getting Boost Stock ROMs especially the JB 4.3. you might also want to do NAM Backup before you proceed in flashing.

Okay well thanks man! That's all I needed to know that it should work, I should just do a NAM backup before hand, got it, thanks again