Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can not remove ANY program from WM5 Device

Tip us?

lirathal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can not remove ANY program from WM5 Device

Hey everyone,

I'm having problems with my i-mate JASJAR. It has stock, updated firmware and is running really well. The only real problem that I have is that I can't uninstall any software. The error message I get is:

"<Program Name> was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"

This goes for ANY program. If I try uninstalling from ActiveSync, it churns and works for a few moments, and then just goes away. There is no uninstall of the program.

If anyone can lend assistance that would be great.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture1_195.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (178.2 KB, 23 views)

levenum
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 17
Sorry, I don't remember the link, but if you look in the Prophet forum, there was a thread on this exact problem.
Several solutions were offered, please use the search.
HP iPaq rz1710
ROM 1.00.05 ENG from 22/6/2004

i-mate Jamin (Prophet G3)
WM6 - PDAViet 4.0.0.0.6 Touch

My apps:
LVMTime | LVMTopBat | RegDisplay

matt1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Can not remove ANY program from WM5 Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirathal
Hey everyone,

I'm having problems with my i-mate JASJAR. It has stock, updated firmware and is running really well. The only real problem that I have is that I can't uninstall any software. The error message I get is:

"<Program Name> was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"

This goes for ANY program. If I try uninstalling from ActiveSync, it churns and works for a few moments, and then just goes away. There is no uninstall of the program.

If anyone can lend assistance that would be great.

Thanks
Hi,

Have had this on the Jasjar as well.

What you need to do is soft reset your device - then uninstall.

When you receive the message "Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"always say no to removing it - as this will remove the log containing the list of files and locations from the original install.

Another note is that if the program you are uninstalling has a today plugin - always uncheck the item first before uninstalling/performing a soft reset to uninstall.

I could be playing a demo of a game and not like it. I then go straight to the remove programs list and i receive the error message....if i leave the device for a while or launch another program i can sometimes uninstall otherwise a soft reset always cures it.

Hope this helps.

Matt
M5000

lirathal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the responses. I did use the search function but couldn't find anything appropriate. I'll be more vigilant in my searches.

Thanks for the soft reset advice. I'll check it out as well and report back.

Thanks

lirathal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirathal
Thanks for the responses. I did use the search function but couldn't find anything appropriate. I'll be more vigilant in my searches.

Thanks for the soft reset advice. I'll check it out as well and report back.

Thanks
I did a reset and still didn't work. I then went the next step and put it in 'safe mode' (SBP Pocket Plus) and still the same problem.

ahiemstra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same here

I have exactly the same issue.

It seems that uninstall doesnt work. It doesnt delete the files from the file system. Doesnt matter if it is Storage or SD. When you re-install the program, it doesnt install, because there are files already there.

The only thing that helps is manually remove the files from the file system. But that is quite a hassle for every program you de-install.

Is there anybody who knows how to make the uninstall work successfully?