FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 recovery bricked.

20th April 2014, 05:54 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Currently I'm on CM11 working fine but my recovery is bricked. I did the Power-Volume Up-Home. Trick but it says recovery booting but after that it reboots normally and boots into CM11 though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by sambow23; 20th April 2014 at 06:07 AM.
 
 
20th April 2014, 06:07 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please help


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 06:09 AM |#3  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 944
 
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambow23

Currently I'm on CM11 working fine but my recovery is bricked. I did the Power-Volume Up-Home. Trick but it says recovery booting but after that it reboots normally and boots into CM11 though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app


Philz CWM 6.26.6 is a pretty good recovery for your phone--> LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:12 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Also it says I'm not rooted any mor e I forgot to add that so super user doesn't work anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 06:13 AM |#5  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 944
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambow23

Also it says I'm not rooted any mor e I forgot to add that so super user doesn't work anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app


Did you flash PhilZ CWM? As you don't have root anymore you will have to flash it via Odin. When you boot into recovery you will be asked if you want to install SuperSU again.
Last edited by LS.xD; 20th April 2014 at 06:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:19 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Alright I'll try. I'm trying to root it via kingo android root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 06:25 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
ok i flashed it, im going to try it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]
20th April 2014, 06:27 AM |#8  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 944
 
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambow23

Alright I'll try. I'm trying to root it via kingo android root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using xda app-developers app


Using Odin will be the best way i suppose.
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 06:30 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
got it
Ok i fixed it, my odin was corrupted also it seems my phone likes older version of the recovery
20th April 2014, 06:32 AM |#10  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 944
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambow23

Ok i fixed it, my odin was corrupted also it seems my phone likes older version of the recovery


Is everything working? PhilZ CWM is the latest and probably best CWM (based on 6.0.4.8) you can get. Why do you want to install a older recovery version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i437
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes