Galaxy Note 2 Simple Mobile/Verizon Rapid Bootloop

Search This thread

Chronosin

Oct 27, 2012
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Galaxy Note 2 from Simple Mobile began to experiment with it. Later on I managed to root it, but I accidentally flashed a recovery via Rom Manager which after a restart broke my phone.

After that I flashed a OTA through Odin of Verizon 4.1.2. The system booted and everything but the radio was missing meaning that I could not text or use 3G. I looked for many ways to restore it but none worked.

I later on flashed a T-Mobile ROM thinking it will help restore the radio and it did successfully flash the ROM through the recovery. But the ROM turned out to be 4.3 and the radio still didn't work. Later on in the same day I flashed an OTA of T-Mobile through Odin and that's when this happened. My phone bootloops really fast when I turn it on. The recovery doesn't show up at all. And every time I flash anything through Odin it fails. I've felt ashamed all this time and it took me a while to reflect and face what I've done and decided to post on here to get help.

Thanks for reading! Any help is appreciated. I will try every method that gets posted and will post back results.

Last edited:

Endios

Apr 20, 2014
A couple of weeks ago I bought a Galaxy Note 2 from Boost Mobile began to experiment with it. Later on I managed to root it, but I accidentally flashed a recovery via Rom Manager which after a restart broke my phone.

After that I flashed a OTA through Odin of Verizon 4.1.2. The system booted and everything but the radio was missing meaning that I could not text or use 3G. I looked for many ways to restore it but none worked.

I later on flashed a T-Mobile ROM thinking it will help restore the radio and it did successfully flash the ROM through the recovery. But the ROM turned out to be 4.3 and the radio still didn't work. Later on in the same day I flashed an OTA of T-Mobile through Odin and that's when this happened. My phone bootloops really fast when I turn it on. The recovery doesn't show up at all. And every time I flash anything through Odin it fails. I've felt ashamed all this time and it took me a while to reflect and face what I've done and decided to post on here to get help.

Thanks for reading! Any help is appreciated. I will try every method that gets posted and will post back results.

I have a very similar problem. hope you get help on this, I have been trying to fix this problem for a month.

crissyjames86

May 10, 2014
The 4.3 update is where the issue came from if it will allow you to flash try using a custom rom to get you out the boot loop but because the 4.3 bootloader is locked you now have another issue you will now have to run a virtual rom and there is a certain way you have to do it or you will completely brick your phone try researching first Google your phone model with the rom build 4.3 root you have to root it now before you can do any modifications at this point

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app