Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

general query

OP Y_2_J

20th April 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
hi i am a new user 2 xperia zr i would like 2 know if this fone is scratch proof and shatter proof also ..... it's written on gsmarena
20th April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag El Castillo Del Diablo
Thanks Meter: 19

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_2_J

hi i am a new user 2 xperia zr i would like 2 know if this fone is scratch proof and shatter proof also ..... it's written on gsmarena

Scratch proof on screen? With the Shatter proof layer (The one holding the sony logo) yes, it is scratch proof, but without it, I do not have any idea yet
21st April 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratellismorru

Scratch proof on screen? With the Shatter proof layer (The one holding the sony logo) yes, it is scratch proof, but without it, I do not have any idea yet

thanks for d reply cause i do a kind of job which has a possibility i might drop my fone
21st April 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:

This is not correct, the shatter-proof layer scratches quite easily. The glass underneath doesn't but if you remove the layer your warranty becomes invalid.
22nd April 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag El Castillo Del Diablo
Thanks Meter: 19

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willber G

This is not correct, the shatter-proof layer scratches quite easily. The glass underneath doesn't but if you remove the layer your warranty becomes invalid.

No, what I mean is, without the Anti-Shatter film, the screen itself will be scratched, I did not say that the Anti-Shatter film itself is scratch proof
22nd April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:

No, what I mean is, without the Anti-Shatter film, the screen itself will be scratched, I did not say that the Anti-Shatter film itself is scratch proof

That is still wrong - as I said, the glass itself is scratch-proof.
7th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willber G

Thats good to know n what can be done to improve battery life?

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app
7th May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
its is not scratch proof, but it is scratch resistant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_2_J

it's not scratch proof -- it is actually scratch resistant right ? i take it that it will resist scratches up to some limit. so, I do have a screen protector.
and shatter proof is very different thing. in case the glass breaks, it will break in a way to reduce physical injury to us.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeesh.m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
I got no case on my Zr but a small screen protection only.

So far, after 8 months, I m thinking about to change the screen protection but the screen itself is fine.

I didn't use any case because I ve read too that it was supposed to be fully resistant and I only got one small scratch on the back but all the everyday small scratches tend to disappear..

So it s pretty good for me as I m living in a tropical country, I go often in small villages inside rainy forest...
You need to be careful but this phone is quite resistant.

The Following User Says Thank You to eljibZR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread