Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

general query

Tip us?

Y_2_J
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default general query

hi i am a new user 2 xperia zr i would like 2 know if this fone is scratch proof and shatter proof also ..... it's written on gsmarena
My Devices :
1) Galaxy Ace GT-s5830 (currently in coma lol)
2)MMX Canvas 2 A110
3)Sony Xperia ZR

Kratellismorru
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_2_J View Post
hi i am a new user 2 xperia zr i would like 2 know if this fone is scratch proof and shatter proof also ..... it's written on gsmarena
Scratch proof on screen? With the Shatter proof layer (The one holding the sony logo) yes, it is scratch proof, but without it, I do not have any idea yet
Phone List
Now : Xperia ZR [All Stock]
Previous : Xperia Ray [GB]

Y_2_J
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratellismorru View Post
Scratch proof on screen? With the Shatter proof layer (The one holding the sony logo) yes, it is scratch proof, but without it, I do not have any idea yet
thanks for d reply cause i do a kind of job which has a possibility i might drop my fone
My Devices :
2)MMX Canvas 2 A110
3)Sony Xperia ZR

Willber G
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
This is not correct, the shatter-proof layer scratches quite easily. The glass underneath doesn't but if you remove the layer your warranty becomes invalid.

Kratellismorru
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
This is not correct, the shatter-proof layer scratches quite easily. The glass underneath doesn't but if you remove the layer your warranty becomes invalid.
No, what I mean is, without the Anti-Shatter film, the screen itself will be scratched, I did not say that the Anti-Shatter film itself is scratch proof
Phone List
Now : Xperia ZR [All Stock]
Previous : Xperia Ray [GB]

Willber G
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No, what I mean is, without the Anti-Shatter film, the screen itself will be scratched, I did not say that the Anti-Shatter film itself is scratch proof
That is still wrong - as I said, the glass itself is scratch-proof.

Y_2_J
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
Thats good to know n what can be done to improve battery life?

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app
My Devices :
2)MMX Canvas 2 A110
3)Sony Xperia ZR

ajeesh.m
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default its is not scratch proof, but it is scratch resistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_2_J View Post
it's not scratch proof -- it is actually scratch resistant right ? i take it that it will resist scratches up to some limit. so, I do have a screen protector.
and shatter proof is very different thing. in case the glass breaks, it will break in a way to reduce physical injury to us.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeesh.m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eljibZR
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I got no case on my Zr but a small screen protection only.

So far, after 8 months, I m thinking about to change the screen protection but the screen itself is fine.

I didn't use any case because I ve read too that it was supposed to be fully resistant and I only got one small scratch on the back but all the everyday small scratches tend to disappear..

So it s pretty good for me as I m living in a tropical country, I go often in small villages inside rainy forest...
You need to be careful but this phone is quite resistant.

The Following User Says Thank You to eljibZR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]