Originally Posted by Jonfensu
No. I dont own the device. I wanna buy it. But I am worried about every issue that ZR has:
1- Not-working Bluetooth and Wifi
2- Weak USB Flap
3- Camera condesation
4- Bad sound recording
I know. The Z1C is better, but I cant afford it.
I can live with the VGA front facing camera, and 8GB internal memory.
So, Do you still recommed the ZR ?
1. never get any problem with that (i don t use bluetooth)
2. this is fine: in fact when it s new it s either fit too strong or not enough but with time it gets better and you can find a workaround.
However the headphone is pretty strong so it can be a problem if you listen music very often
3. Never got any condensation but I don t take picture so often too..
4. I don t know for the recording but the sound quality is a bit low. For music it s fine but very often I have problem to understand people on the phone but it s also a network problem...I think I m gonna buy a bluetooth earphone.
Also, the main speaker is on the back which very stupid when you play music...
For me, the main issue with this phone will be:
- internal storage: the system take something like 4.5 G so you get only 3 for you... and there is no simple solution to fix that except Root+FolderMount(app2sd..are not working)
- not so much developement: sony is slow to update and as this phone wasn t so popular not so many developers are working on it.
For instance, it s still not really clear if we will get Kitkat...
My advice: If you can have this phone for a really interesting price, go for it but don t forget the limitation and the probably very short support you will get (I think Sony will drop it next summer and everyone will move for Z1C or Z2 soom...)