Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Gear Update Breaks Exchange Email

Tip us?

archerks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default New Gear Update Breaks Exchange Email

Updated the gear to V700XXUAMMK7 and Gear Manager to 1.5.111394 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?
The Following User Says Thank You to archerks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerks View Post
Updated the gear to V700XXUAMMK7 and Gear Manager to 1.5.111394 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?
Is this work email? Does your work enforce a pin lock? If yes, i suspect it is because of that - to prevent the contents being read by a third party.

If not that samsung have screwed up again
-----------------------------------------------
HTC One M8

jonboyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Or perhaps Knox related. You can always just flash the previous firmware to see if that repairs it...*as a matter of testing*.
Phone History

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Black
Android ROM: Official 4.4.2 - Stock and Knox 0x0 rooted with Towelroot
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 in Black
Android ROM: Official 4.4.2 - Stock and Knox 0x0
Samsung Galaxy Gear in Mocha Grey
Tizen ROM: Official firmware and rooted
How to root Tizen on the Samsung Gear

archerks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Pin lock not required

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardsar View Post
Is this work email? Does your work enforce a pin lock? If yes, i suspect it is because of that - to prevent the contents being read by a third party.

If not that samsung have screwed up again
No pin lock is enforced from our servers.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4117
I just ran in to the same thing. And it's not on the Exchange side. I reverted back to earlier versions of Gear Manager and the Gear s/w. The Gear's useless to me without Exchange support.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyuk View Post
Or perhaps Knox related. You can always just flash the previous firmware to see if that repairs it...*as a matter of testing*.
It's not KNOX related either. I had no issues with KNOX or Exchange pre-update nor now that I've reverted back. It's most likely something introduced in Gear Manager or one of its conduits.

nccu_eagles
Old
Thanks Meter 568
could be because the update isn't for US? maybe your email thinks you're in the UK

jonboyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Then by the sounds of it, it's an intentional move by Samsung for one reason or another. Well that or a cock up!
Phone History

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Black
Android ROM: Official 4.4.2 - Stock and Knox 0x0 rooted with Towelroot
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 in Black
Android ROM: Official 4.4.2 - Stock and Knox 0x0
Samsung Galaxy Gear in Mocha Grey
Tizen ROM: Official firmware and rooted
How to root Tizen on the Samsung Gear

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccu_eagles View Post
could be because the update isn't for US? maybe your email thinks you're in the UK
It could be a region check or that there's something in the s/w that checks that the Gear's CSC matches the CSC of the Gear's ROM. Although I have a Note 10.1 2014 that's using the same Exchange accounts and KNOX configuration and incoming e-mail was normal with the Gear on MK7. My 10.1-14 isn't from the U.S. and never had the Gear connected to it before. So I think that the files from the first time my Gear was set up on my N3 associated my Gear to the U.S. and using the UK ROM tripped some type of security flag. We can check our phones to see if their status is "official." Is there any way to check the Gear's status?

In the meantime I'm sticking with older versions of the s/w until someone else in the U.S. updates and can attest to Exchange working properly in the U.S.

potahov
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Even if you don't upgrade firmware on Gear - Exchange mail is broken since latest Gear Manager update. I have AT&T Note 3 and Gear and started getting empty notifications with "view on device" button after the update for all exchange emails today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raiu
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
the new gear manager also shuts ATN down every hour or 2 it seems. I just reverted back to the prev vers of gear manager and everything is back to normal
**Remember to give thanks every day your device works **