New Gear Update Breaks Exchange Email

15th November 2013, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Updated the gear to V700XXUAMMK7 and Gear Manager to 1.5.111394 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?
The Following User Says Thank You to archerks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 109

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerks

Updated the gear to V700XXUAMMK7 and Gear Manager to 1.5.111394 and can no longer read my emails that come from my two exchange mail accounts. Could read the emails fine before the update. It now comes up with the following message...

The content of this email cannot be shown on the Gear for security reasons. For details, view this email on your mobile device.

The above appears with two buttons "Cancel" and "OK"

Does anyone know of a setting somewhere that would allow the these emails to be read?

Is this work email? Does your work enforce a pin lock? If yes, i suspect it is because of that - to prevent the contents being read by a third party.

If not that samsung have screwed up again
15th November 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag South West UK
Thanks Meter: 90

845 posts
More
Or perhaps Knox related. You can always just flash the previous firmware to see if that repairs it...*as a matter of testing*.
15th November 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Pin lock not required
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardsar

Is this work email? Does your work enforce a pin lock? If yes, i suspect it is because of that - to prevent the contents being read by a third party.

If not that samsung have screwed up again

No pin lock is enforced from our servers.
15th November 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
I just ran in to the same thing. And it's not on the Exchange side. I reverted back to earlier versions of Gear Manager and the Gear s/w. The Gear's useless to me without Exchange support.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyuk

Or perhaps Knox related. You can always just flash the previous firmware to see if that repairs it...*as a matter of testing*.

It's not KNOX related either. I had no issues with KNOX or Exchange pre-update nor now that I've reverted back. It's most likely something introduced in Gear Manager or one of its conduits.
15th November 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 568

1,436 posts
More
could be because the update isn't for US? maybe your email thinks you're in the UK
15th November 2013, 06:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag South West UK
Thanks Meter: 90

845 posts
More
Then by the sounds of it, it's an intentional move by Samsung for one reason or another. Well that or a cock up!
15th November 2013, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccu_eagles

could be because the update isn't for US? maybe your email thinks you're in the UK

It could be a region check or that there's something in the s/w that checks that the Gear's CSC matches the CSC of the Gear's ROM. Although I have a Note 10.1 2014 that's using the same Exchange accounts and KNOX configuration and incoming e-mail was normal with the Gear on MK7. My 10.1-14 isn't from the U.S. and never had the Gear connected to it before. So I think that the files from the first time my Gear was set up on my N3 associated my Gear to the U.S. and using the UK ROM tripped some type of security flag. We can check our phones to see if their status is "official." Is there any way to check the Gear's status?

In the meantime I'm sticking with older versions of the s/w until someone else in the U.S. updates and can attest to Exchange working properly in the U.S.
15th November 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #9  
Flag Cupertino
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Even if you don't upgrade firmware on Gear - Exchange mail is broken since latest Gear Manager update. I have AT&T Note 3 and Gear and started getting empty notifications with "view on device" button after the update for all exchange emails today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
15th November 2013, 06:59 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 89

384 posts
Donate to Me
More
the new gear manager also shuts ATN down every hour or 2 it seems. I just reverted back to the prev vers of gear manager and everything is back to normal

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread