[Kernel][5.1.1][P600] Xluco Kernel - Z1 [17/11]

Search This thread

Orion116

Nov 20, 2014
Fyi...I just went to link for kernel and was given an apk for a cleaner/booster and I installed to try like a dummy. ..it embedded itself into my system and would not allow an uninstal..had to reset...
I always use AD block on dev host.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160613-201804.jpg
    Screenshot_20160613-201804.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 476

Kyrillos

Oct 4, 2007
guys, a short question, for some reason I don't get permissive selinux, nor can I change it with selinux mode changer. Shouldn't the kernel be by default permissive?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Flashing unofficial mods will void your warranty.
     * You flash this kernel at your own risk.
     * I will not accept responsibility for any adverse effects to your device,
     * including, but not limited to: bricking, damaged SD card, bootloops, loss of data, etc.
     */

Hi guys,
    I compiled a kernel from the SM-P600 Lollipop sources for my personal use and thought I'd share, since there doesn't seem to be much kernel dev going on here. I want to make it clear that I'm not a programmer or developer, I just like to tinker.

Download
    Z1: Download Here - [17/11/15]
    Z1-VT: Download Here - [17/11/15] (Z1 w/ Virtual Terminal enabled - long boot time!)

Main Features for Z1
    Code:
    [*]ARM-EABI-5.2.1
    [B]New Functionality[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]F2FS Support
    [*]Voltage control
    [*]Wolfson WM5102 sound control by AndreiLux
    [*]init.d support
    [*]KSM
    [*]Kernel in Neon Mode
    [*]Power Efficient Workqueues
    [*]HTCP, Westwood+, YeAH & Vegas Congestion Controls
    [/LIST]
    [B]Performance & Efficiency[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]VFP - NEON-VFPv4 Optimisations
    [*]Increased Readahead (512)
    [*]Cortex-A15 optimizations for memcpy
    [*]VM Optimisations for better battery life
    [*]Lots of unnecessary debugging disabled to improve memory efficiency
    [*]ARM Topology Updates
    [*]ARCH_POWER Enabled
    [*]Enabled ARM errata 766421 and 798181
    [*]Multi-core scheduler enabled w/ aggressive power saving enabled
    [*]zsmalloc: updated to 3.10 version
    [*]rwsem: updated to 3.10 version
    [*]Workqueue & Timer backports
    [*]Random 3.16+ backport
    [*]hrtick enabled
    [/LIST]
    [B]Filesystem[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Deadline Performance Tuning
    [*]BFQ, Zen, SIO, FIOPS, V(R) and FIFO iosched
    [*]NTFS Read / Write
    [*]CIFS Support
    [*]FSYNC Enabled
    [*]AIO enabled
    [/LIST]
    [B]Security[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]SECCOMP patched and enabled
    [*]dev/mem restrictions, dmesg restrictions, protected last_kmsg support
    [*]-fstack-protector-strong enabled
    [*]SELinux Permissive
    [*]ARM / NEON Optimised Encryption Libraries
    [*]Network stack hardening
    [/LIST]
    [B]Misc.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]XBox, PS3 and Wii controller support
    [*]/proc/.config.gz support
    [*]Android logger control
    [*]SAMSUNG_PRODUCT_SHIP enabled [reduces unnecessary logging]
    [/LIST]

For Troubleshooting, Sources and more see posts #2 & #3

Thanks
    A big thanks to Andmoreagain, halaszk88, franciscofranco, labodj, faux123, neobuddy89, myfluxi, and everyone else from whom I cherry-pick liberally :)

Enjoy :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xluco Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    xluco
    Source Code: https://github.com/phugh/LP_SM_P600_KERNEL

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Z1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-17

Created 2014-04-20
    Last Updated 2015-12-24
    Misc.

Changelogs and Sources:
    Be sure to check all three for a complete changelog, lots of changes happening constantly in all three areas!
    Kernel
    Ramdisk
    Build Process

Previous Version Downloads
    http://d-h.st/users/xluco
    V3-B1

SM-P600 - Download Here

SM-P601 - Download Here

Added tonnes of build optimisations (in a much more sensible and stable way than V2), a couple of big filesystem improvements (EXT4 should be much faster now and supports FIDTRIM), I was feeling generous so I added the conservative governor, SIO, ZEN, BFQ and FIOPS schedulers. Disabled verbose debugging saving 70k from the kernel size.

I also gave the OP a quick refresh, the feature list now reflects accurately V3-B1 and onwards, stock kernel has been added to the second post if anyone wants to revert at any point :)

---------
    Hi xluco!
    I have only the chinese keyboard, that you can clip over the screen, so that it looks like a notebook. (Backside is in black plastic leather, this also existed for the old Note10.1 and also for Nexus 7)
    I can pair it over bluetooth, but when I try to write anything it is not recognized. With stock kernel it runs well also without External-Keyboard-Helper. I have tried to fix it with External-Keyboard-Helper but no luck!

I've added a few patches to V3-B1 from @UpInTheAir's kernel to do with how HID handles keyboards and mice, let me know if that improves anything :)
    Hi xluco, wish you a merry Christmas!
    Just one question...could you add zzmoove governor? Maybe as a beta test kernel?

Thank you

I've had problems trying to update standard governors like interactive and ondemand though because they are heavily modified (for the big.LITTLE architecture, I'm presuming), but I'll certainly take a look :)

Edit: just a quick note to say I'm starting on V4 today :D Using the slightly updated kernel sources (P600ZCUCNE3, as opposed to P600XXUCND3 which the previous versions are based on). I'm going to investigate a simple solution for tweaking the kernel, maybe look into writing a simple app or something
    V3-B2
    Added to the OP :)

SM-P600 - Downloads
    V3-B2: Download Here - [08/10/14]

SMP-601 - Downloads
    V3-B2: Download Here - [08/10/14]

Lots of SLUB improvements, NVIDIA's power efficiency patches and fixes to unaligned access.

I haven't looked at the smartscroll thing or keyboard thing yet so they're still in the same state they were in the last build.

EDIT:
    Also a note that turning cores off doesn't save battery, turning cores off and on under load uses more battery than just having them on, you can tweak the governor settings though to keep them at a lower speed more of the time, that would save you more battery than turning individual cores off. It's also a bit more confusing because of the big.LITTLE architecture I think.

I did look into the 'true octa-core' patch thing that was posted in the general section, but the three patches refer to files that don't exist in this kernel, so thats a no go also.