Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

[Q] 4.4.2 Root keeping knox 0x0 progress?

OP Dmoustakas

30th May 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hello, does anybody know if we are close to a potential knox friendly root release for 4.4.2? I know that they pached 4.3 kernel and saferoot will not work on kitkat anymore..but because of this patch, will it be possible to root again while keeping knox 0x0? Or just say goodbye to saferoot and void our waranties?
I am asking because my GT-I9505 is starting to lag because of bloats and i would like to root it, am i waiting for a ''safe root'' that actually never going to be released? if yes im about to use cf autoroot right now.
feel free to express your opinion
30th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
The unique way for root the phone is using CF- autoroot at this moment. This method void ur warranty, sorry
30th May 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

The unique way for root the phone is using CF- autoroot at this moment. This method void ur warranty, sorry

I already knew that cf root voids warranty. All i ask is if a ''saferoot'' method is now an impossible scenario due to the kernel patch....Or it's not? Any dev here to give an answer? I am sure there are many people waiting anxiously...
30th May 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #4  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmoustakas

I already knew that cf root voids warranty. All i ask is if a ''saferoot'' method is now an impossible scenario due to the kernel patch....Or it's not? Any dev here to give an answer? I am sure there are many people waiting anxiously...

I'm telling u that Saferoot worked for android 4.3 and no will all firmwares. Saferoot is dead atm. Do u think are the first asking for it?
30th May 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

I'm telling u that Saferoot worked for android 4.3 and no will all firmwares. Saferoot is dead atm. Do u think are the first asking for it?

I know everything you say, I just ask if it is impossible for ''saferoot'' or ''root de la vega'' or any similar root that is be able to bypass knox without tripping it in the near future, not now!....i know that these root methods do NOT work in the present, all i ask is for the near future, that is why i asked for a dev to give us a more specialized answer.
Thank you for your answer but please understand what i say
Cheers
Last edited by Dmoustakas; 30th May 2014 at 04:44 PM.
30th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmoustakas

i ask is for the near future,...
Thank you for your answer but please understand what i say
Cheers

Of curse in near future the 4.4.2 ROMs will be rooted without tripping the KNOX and warranty flag.
I can assure you that ETA is around 24 months, so what you need to do is to sit and wait.
30th May 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

Of curse in near future the 4.4.2 ROMs will be rooted without tripping the KNOX and warranty flag.
I can assure you that ETA is around 24 months, so what you need to do is to sit and wait.

xD
31st May 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

Of curse in near future the 4.4.2 ROMs will be rooted without tripping the KNOX and warranty flag.
I can assure you that ETA is around 24 months, so what you need to do is to sit and wait.

Sarcasm never helped anyone. Thanks.
31st May 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmoustakas

Sarcasm never helped anyone. Thanks.

Do you want serious approach?
Be my guest. Current circumstances are:
1. Samsung announced about in near future 4.4.3 release for G4;
2. sometime ago S5 was released.

1+2=less and less devs have interest in work with G4 4.4.2, therefore it is very unlikely that it will be any breakthrough, if something universal (like common trick, let's say for Note 3+G4) would emerge, Even Samsung is not approaching the 4.4.2 seriously (known GLONASS bug, problems with data connections, drains etc are remaining unfixed).

Conclusion: because of the above, you can sit and wait, as I stated in previous post, having hope that something may appear.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank