Ask a question

No registration required

App or feature to schedule UPSM

OP cheesewhiz1

12th April 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Day 1 with phone and first charge didn't make it through the night. The ultra power saving mode sounds really promising - anyone seen an app or feature that could set UPSM on and off on a schedule? Or auto-enable it at say 10% power? I hope that's not obvious in the settings and I missed it, I couldn't find anything like it.
17th April 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
More
Tasker maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
South Florida
Thanks Meter: 155

285 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's hard to believe Samsung didn't build that feature in. But they didn't. Taker is a good idea, someone give it a try.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
I bought Tasker and installed to try it out. I was able to set up a profile with tasks for standard settings like radio, bluetooth, mobile data. But I don't see a way to access UPSM as an action. The ability to launch Settings and click a button seems to require root. SecureSettings plugin didn't seem to add any new abilities that would help with this. I'm not too familiar with Tasker so if anyone has an idea on a method to execute upsm I would try it. Seems like samsung would at least put in the option to auto-enable at a certain percentage battery remaining.
21st April 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Close but no cigar
While im no tasker guru, i have had slight sucsess through starting UPSM. The profiles starts when the batery is below 10% but only launches the UPSM setting screen. Its found under: App/Launch App and you need st select all in the bottom left. This only launches the setting screen, you then need to enable it and select okay. I have been trying to find a way to pass arguments to UPSM but lack the knolege...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread