Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App or feature to schedule UPSM

Tip us?

cheesewhiz1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default App or feature to schedule UPSM

Day 1 with phone and first charge didn't make it through the night. The ultra power saving mode sounds really promising - anyone seen an app or feature that could set UPSM on and off on a schedule? Or auto-enable it at say 10% power? I hope that's not obvious in the settings and I missed it, I couldn't find anything like it.

d0ppler302
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Tasker maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

blulite
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
It's hard to believe Samsung didn't build that feature in. But they didn't. Taker is a good idea, someone give it a try.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

cheesewhiz1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I bought Tasker and installed to try it out. I was able to set up a profile with tasks for standard settings like radio, bluetooth, mobile data. But I don't see a way to access UPSM as an action. The ability to launch Settings and click a button seems to require root. SecureSettings plugin didn't seem to add any new abilities that would help with this. I'm not too familiar with Tasker so if anyone has an idea on a method to execute upsm I would try it. Seems like samsung would at least put in the option to auto-enable at a certain percentage battery remaining.

ANastyBrute
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Close but no cigar

While im no tasker guru, i have had slight sucsess through starting UPSM. The profiles starts when the batery is below 10% but only launches the UPSM setting screen. Its found under: App/Launch App and you need st select all in the bottom left. This only launches the setting screen, you then need to enable it and select okay. I have been trying to find a way to pass arguments to UPSM but lack the knolege...