Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone will not turn

Tip us?

dpshptl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default phone will not turn

I used my phone this morning and it was fine. A few hours later I went to use it and it would not turn on. It is fully charged. I am running go launcher. I usually don't get asked which launcher I want to open it with when I wake my phone. But that screen flashed very quickly but I could not choose as the screen went blank very quickly. The screen was blank but the back button and the home button were lit up. I hit the power button so many times but nothing happens except the the 2 buttons lighting up. I went into recovery try to boot from there but nothing hapeens. It just goes to the HTC screen and hangs there. Its been on that screen for 10-15 and then I go back into recovery and still nothing. I tried to do a factory reset. It went to a screen with a picture of the phone and 2 green arrows going in a circle and a green down arrow inside the circle.

I have no idea what is going on. I have not done anything new to the phone. It is stock and I got Kit kat on it a few weeks back. Everything has been fine up until this morning. I understand the go launcher could cause a problem opening up the phone. But I don't understand why I cant do a factory reset from recovery. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

dpshptl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I also noticed that in the bootloader the very first line says 'LOCKED" is it supposed to say that?