FORUMS

[Feature Request] More providers in dialer lookup

4,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,724
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi!

Could we get more providers in the dialer lookup? I live in India and OpenStreetMaps has *nothing* here. I was trying Slim's implementation and that works awesome here!

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/ne...nouncement-2-3
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/1996/

Thanks for the awesome ROM, and keep up the good work
The Following User Says Thank You to kalpik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th February 2014, 02:18 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,205
 
Donate to Me
More
You can use the slim dialer also on omni

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 03:06 PM |#3  
Puneet Singh Chauhan's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwen

You can use the slim dialer also on omni

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

How do I do that ?
21st February 2014, 05:37 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
Donate to Me
More
That implementation was determined a no go as it was reverse engineered.
27th February 2014, 12:43 PM |#5  
Puneet Singh Chauhan's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpik

Hi!

Could we get more providers in the dialer lookup? I live in India and OpenStreetMaps has *nothing* here. I was trying Slim's implementation and that works awesome here!

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/ne...nouncement-2-3
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/1996/

Thanks for the awesome ROM, and keep up the good work

Have you tried this :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...526844&page=36
7th March 2014, 04:00 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
Donate to Me
More
Slim knows that it's not legal, they will remove it soon:
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/3723/

If you know any provider we could use, let me know and I'll add it
The Following User Says Thank You to C-o-M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 05:53 PM |#7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,360
 
Donate to Me
More
BTW, there are apparently some limitations to our OSM implementation that might allow us to improve results:

http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-558

(haven't had time to look at this myself)
8th April 2014, 12:27 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

BTW, there are apparently some limitations to our OSM implementation that might allow us to improve results:

http://jira.omnirom.org/browse/OMNI-558

(haven't had time to look at this myself)

I have fixed it a while a go: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5807/

@Entropy512: Why can't I invite you to review changes?
8th April 2014, 05:54 PM |#9  
UtkarshGupta's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4,478
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-o-M

I have fixed it a while a go: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5807/

@Entropy512: Why can't I invite you to review changes?

Search atd7

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 05:57 PM |#10  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,360
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-o-M

I have fixed it a while a go: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5807/

@Entropy512: Why can't I invite you to review changes?

There's some gerrit derpage that has proven difficult to fix in the case of my account.

If you add me as entropy512 it should work
25th April 2014, 02:29 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
Donate to Me
More
Experimental build
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpik

Could we get more providers in the dialer lookup?

You can try the attached Dialer (copy to /system/priv-app/Dialer.apk). I've added support for Google search and improved the OSM lookup. For details see https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5807/
Attached Files
File Type: apk Dialer.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.53 MB, 32 views)

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dialer, google, lookup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes