Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 42,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reverting to Stock, How to Relock and Eliminate Tamper?

Tip us?

quinxy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default Reverting to Stock, How to Relock and Eliminate Tamper?

I used the appropriate nandroid backup to restore the stock file system and restored the stock recovery (from this thread). But now the "tampered" banner is back (I had removed it), and I can't get root without screwing with the file system again (I can't find any temp root for the M8). Also, the stock recovery seems broken as it does nothing. I just see the red exclamation point thing, and I swear it used to do something before when I moved the volume buttons.

How do I go back to stock WHILE keeping "tampered" removed? And can I get rid of "unlocked"? I need to return this phone (poor coverage) so I am trying to avoid issues with the carrier.

Anyone have any idea?

dogcmp6
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinxy View Post
I used the appropriate nandroid backup to restore the stock file system and restored the stock recovery (from this thread). But now the "tampered" banner is back (I had removed it), and I can't get root without screwing with the file system again (I can't find any temp root for the M8). Also, the stock recovery seems broken as it does nothing. I just see the red exclamation point thing, and I swear it used to do something before when I moved the volume buttons.

How do I go back to stock WHILE keeping "tampered" removed? And can I get rid of "unlocked"? I need to return this phone (poor coverage) so I am trying to avoid issues with the carrier.

Anyone have any idea?
Which backup is the apporiate one for sprint? I need to revert to stock and cant figure out which back up to use
HTC One M8

an0ther
Old
(Last edited by an0ther; 26th April 2014 at 12:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:

Anyone have any idea?
soff, unlock bootloader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" flash supersu in twrp, load system, use soff to remove tampered banner, use soff to relock boot loader so it doesn't say relocked, load supersu and remove root, restore factory settings
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quinxy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
soff, unlock bootloader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" flash supersu in twrp, load system, use soff to remove tampered banner, use soff to relock boot loader so it doesn't say relocked, load supersu and remove root, restore factory settings
You are awesome! Thanks, that's just the list of steps I needed.

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
No problem

trikotret
Old
Thanks Meter 76
which one is the Verizon stock recovery? I cant figure it out

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
which one is the Verizon stock recovery? I cant figure it out
Check the verizon forums. They have it there.

MaTiCeK-
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
Does S-OFF become S-ON again after factory reset or how do you get it to be S-ON again?

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1,407

DONATE TO ME
Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

otariq
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Did that remove the red text on the splash screen too?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app