OP craigyy

15th November 2013, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi all,

Is it safe to uninstall Googles own bloatware
specifically:
Google Play Books, Magazines, Movies ect.
Google News & Weather
Google Hangouts
Google Photos

In regards to Google Photos, how does on delete this app, I cannot see it on the list in Titanium

Thanks
15th November 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Hi, you can delet them whitout any problem.I think the google photos will be deleted when you delete hangouts or gplus..
15th November 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyy

Hi all,

Is it safe to uninstall Googles own bloatware
specifically:
Google Play Books, Magazines, Movies ect.
Google News & Weather
Google Hangouts
Google Photos

In regards to Google Photos, how does on delete this app, I cannot see it on the list in Titanium

Thanks

yes, it is
as long as you didn't delete playstore
21st April 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I just had to uninstall/disable Google+ app to get rid of the annoying "Google Photos" app. I think the "auto awesome" is feature is f****** stupid. I just spent an hour crawling through my /system/app directory looking for the package to delete as root, after I found out that it wasn't easily disabled/uninstalled like any regular app.

I can't wait until Ubuntu mobile is more stable. When it is, I am ditching Android. I'm tired of how companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc., all want to snoop on every bit of your private photos, emails, text messages, etc. They all want to be your "one and only" application, and that's unrealistic.

Sorry, I'm a bit annoyed right now. I don't mind Google+ as a social platform, but I do think it was stupid of them to force their stupid photo **** onto the whole world by making it a mandatory part of Google+ mobile app. Screw that...I will just use the mobile site if necessary.
21st April 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Certain phones can bootloop if you uninstall the wrong Google apps. You should always ask what kind of phone and update before saying everything is ok. It is rare, but some LG phones will soft brick with the Security Error if you uninstall typically innocuous looking Google apps like Google Books.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread