Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Question [Q] How to root a chinese GT-i9500

OP hiddeneyes02

9th May 2013, 04:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Hi everybody

I just bought that phone here in China, and the seller installed the OTA just in front of me, I donít know if that could be the reason.

Since I got home and Iím trying to root it, no result. I saw this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2262110 but unfortunately itís not working for me. The drivers are working well, I can see the phone in the device manager, USB debugging is on, flashing the PDA in ODIN passes through successfully, but when I start Recovery, I always have the old Recovery screen with no Root phone option, I canít find the problem.

Thanks for any help.
10th May 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Did it, thanks Cofface !

Helpful post in chinese http://diydev.net/forum.php?mod=view...&extra=&page=1

But I don't know if by flashing the kernel I would still have access to OTA updates ?!!

EDIT: Cofface said that I will lose OTA updates, can only update by downloading new firmware, and flashing using ODIN.
Last edited by hiddeneyes02; 10th May 2013 at 02:34 AM.
23rd April 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #3  

7 posts
download mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddeneyes02

Hi everybody

I just bought that phone here in China, and the seller installed the OTA just in front of me, I donít know if that could be the reason.

Since I got home and Iím trying to root it, no result. I saw this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2262110 but unfortunately itís not working for me. The drivers are working well, I can see the phone in the device manager, USB debugging is on, flashing the PDA in ODIN passes through successfully, but when I start Recovery, I always have the old Recovery screen with no Root phone option, I canít find the problem.

Thanks for any help.

hey i'll like to know how do you put the device in download mode 'cause mine GT-i9500 it shows nothing but chines options when im in RECOVERY MODE....and dont know what do from here PLEASE HELP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread