Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

At wits end (Possible brick?)

OP bardock123

28th April 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

23 posts
So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.
28th April 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 460

867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123

So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.
28th April 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob

So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.

It boots, but every rom that I try installing an alternate rom, it either freezes after a few minutes, or it doesn't boot at all. I can still get into download mode, so ADB/Odin/recovery isn't ruled out. I'm still on the 4.3 bootloader.
Last edited by bardock123; 28th April 2014 at 07:24 PM.
28th April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fresno, CA

867 posts
More
Alright. What recovery are you running?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

Alright. What recovery are you running?

TWRP
28th April 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Fresno, CA

867 posts
More
Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.
29th April 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to bardock123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag Fresno, CA

867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123

That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!

Awesome. That is why I like heimdall. Now if only i could get it to work on the 4.4 bootloader...😕

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread