Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At wits end (Possible brick?)

Tip us?

bardock123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default At wits end (Possible brick?)

So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123 View Post
So, I was benchmarking various kernels today, and my phone decided that it doesn't want to function anymore. To be more specific, I went from Faux's kernel, to Lean kernel, and back to Faux; and after returning to Faux, I've gotten nothing but "SystemUI has stopped responding". Since this happened I've wiped both cache and dalvik cache, re-flashed stock firmware via Odin, and wiped my internal memory--all to no avail. If anyone has any advice regarding this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated.
So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.

bardock123
Old
(Last edited by bardock123; 28th April 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtoob View Post
So what happens now? Does it boot at all? Boot-looping? When plugged into computer is it recognized? Were you on 4.3 or 4.4? We need some more information before everyone starts chiming in.
It boots, but every rom that I try installing an alternate rom, it either freezes after a few minutes, or it doesn't boot at all. I can still get into download mode, so ADB/Odin/recovery isn't ruled out. I'm still on the 4.3 bootloader.

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Alright. What recovery are you running?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bardock123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Alright. What recovery are you running?

TWRP

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.

bardock123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Sorry, got called away from my desk.

What version of Odin are you using? I know you stated you wiped cache and internal storage. Just to rule everything else out right now, please try and follow my heimdall guide. Since you are on 4.3 it will still work. Perform both the recovery and stock restore guide. It seems to have done a lot of people a solid when Odin wouldn't wipe it properly. In my instructions (in the recovery zip) it says for best results to wipe things in a particular order. Try out the heimdall recovery zip and then the full restore. Heimdall instructions are in their own files, but basically you use zadig.exe that they provide to replace the usb driver. After all is said and done, let me know what happens. You may have a corrupt portion of the emmc that doesn't provide i/o very well any longer.
That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to bardock123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardock123 View Post
That did the trick. Thanks again for the help!
Awesome. That is why I like heimdall. Now if only i could get it to work on the 4.4 bootloader...😕