Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anybody with a 64gb class 10 samsung sd card? I think i purchased a fake one.

OP iverson3-1

15th February 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

703 posts
So i purchased this from ebay. I filled a case against the seller now i have to provide ebay with proof that it is counterfeit. The only things i can find that the h2wtest results.....Also i noticed the one i have has a CE symbol on the back and the one from Samsungs official website doesntalso mine says made in Taiwan. Does yours have the CE on the back?

I plan on sending these photos to ebay to get a refund if the seller doesnt agree to give me a refund.

Last edited by iverson3-1; 15th February 2014 at 12:16 PM.
15th February 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,272

3,835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1

So i purchased this from ebay. I filled a case against the seller now i have to provide ebay with proof that it is counterfeit. The only things i can find that the h2wtest results.....Also i noticed the one i have has a CE symbol on the back and the one from Samsungs official website doesntalso mine says made in Taiwan. Does yours have the CE on the back?

I plan on sending these photos to ebay to get a refund if the seller doesnt agree to give me a refund.

Lol that guy got me 2 lol. It fake. Don't cheap out in spending for sd card. You get what you pay for. I went thru hell and it was all my fault. I wish you well

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
15th February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 283

651 posts
More
I have one and it look like the first pic. No "CE" and it says made in Korea. Bought from BestBuy
15th February 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

3,835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm that guy

I have one and it look like the first pic. No "CE" and it says made in Korea. Bought from BestBuy

I had the one from PC Richards. Said Samsung and all. Packaging. I called Samsung for warranty they ran the serial number came back as fake. They said good luck.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
15th February 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

I had the one from PC Richards. Said Samsung and all. Packaging. I called Samsung for warranty they ran the serial number came back as fake. They said good luck.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

The guy isn't accepting a return so i have to hope i can give enough proff to ebay so they will make him give me my money back. Hes claiming my pictures are fake.

I just purchased a sandisk from amazon (directly from amazon not from a seller) i will never purchase a sd card from ebay again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
15th February 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

3,835 posts
More
Quote:

The guy isn't accepting a return so i have to hope i can give enough proff to ebay so they will make him give me my money back. Hes claiming my pictures are fake.

I just purchased a sandisk from amazon (directly from amazon not from a seller) i will never purchase a sd card from ebay again.

How did u pay him? When did you buy it? What happens when u install it in a adapter to PC.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
15th February 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

703 posts
Quote:

How did u pay him? When did you buy it? What happens when u install it in a adapter to PC.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

I paid through PayPal it came in the mail yesterday i purchased it like a week ago. When i put it in the pc like all fake cards it reads like a legit card. Then i put more than 8gb on it and my media stops working when i put it in my phone.

15th February 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #8  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

3,835 posts
More
Quote:

I paid through PayPal it came in the mail yesterday i purchased it like a week ago. When i put it in the pc like all fake cards it reads like a legit card. Then i put more than 8gb on it and my media stops working when i put it in my phone.

Go to eBay report him. Then they will refund you. Don't communicate with seller. Let eBay resolve this. Tell them u contacted Samsung and they told you the card was fake. Most Samsung card come from Korea not china

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
19th February 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

703 posts
Quote:

Go to eBay report him. Then they will refund you. Don't communicate with seller. Let eBay resolve this. Tell them u contacted Samsung and they told you the card was fake. Most Samsung card come from Korea not china

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

I was able to email Samsungs memory department with picture of the back of the SD Card and the serial number. They confirmed it is a fake. Now i just have to wait until the 25th to escalate the claim to ebay this should be more than enough proof for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gmail - [ANSWER]Can you confirm the authenticity of my 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card i purchased o.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	2588174  
Last edited by iverson3-1; 19th February 2014 at 01:53 PM.
19th February 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY

3,835 posts
More
Quote:

I was able to email Samsungs memory department with picture of the back of the SD Card and the serial number. They confirmed it is a fake. Now i just have to wait until the 25th to escalate the claim to ebay this should be more than enough proof for them.

You don't have to wait. Tell them you have proof from Samsung them self. Also send a copy thru eBay to seller so it shows you made attempt. He might just refund you right away

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread