Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anybody with a 64gb class 10 samsung sd card? I think i purchased a fake one.

Tip us?

iverson3-1
Old
(Last edited by iverson3-1; 15th February 2014 at 11:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Anybody with a 64gb class 10 samsung sd card? I think i purchased a fake one.

So i purchased this from ebay. I filled a case against the seller now i have to provide ebay with proof that it is counterfeit. The only things i can find that the h2wtest results.....Also i noticed the one i have has a CE symbol on the back and the one from Samsungs official website doesntalso mine says made in Taiwan. Does yours have the CE on the back?

I plan on sending these photos to ebay to get a refund if the seller doesnt agree to give me a refund.

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson3-1 View Post
So i purchased this from ebay. I filled a case against the seller now i have to provide ebay with proof that it is counterfeit. The only things i can find that the h2wtest results.....Also i noticed the one i have has a CE symbol on the back and the one from Samsungs official website doesntalso mine says made in Taiwan. Does yours have the CE on the back?

I plan on sending these photos to ebay to get a refund if the seller doesnt agree to give me a refund.

Lol that guy got me 2 lol. It fake. Don't cheap out in spending for sd card. You get what you pay for. I went thru hell and it was all my fault. I wish you well

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

lm that guy
Old
Thanks Meter 279
I have one and it look like the first pic. No "CE" and it says made in Korea. Bought from BestBuy

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm that guy View Post
I have one and it look like the first pic. No "CE" and it says made in Korea. Bought from BestBuy
I had the one from PC Richards. Said Samsung and all. Packaging. I called Samsung for warranty they ran the serial number came back as fake. They said good luck.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

iverson3-1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
I had the one from PC Richards. Said Samsung and all. Packaging. I called Samsung for warranty they ran the serial number came back as fake. They said good luck.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
The guy isn't accepting a return so i have to hope i can give enough proff to ebay so they will make him give me my money back. Hes claiming my pictures are fake.

I just purchased a sandisk from amazon (directly from amazon not from a seller) i will never purchase a sd card from ebay again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
https://copy.com?r=KEqMeQ <<<<<< Click this link for 20GB of free storage

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Quote:
The guy isn't accepting a return so i have to hope i can give enough proff to ebay so they will make him give me my money back. Hes claiming my pictures are fake.

I just purchased a sandisk from amazon (directly from amazon not from a seller) i will never purchase a sd card from ebay again.

How did u pay him? When did you buy it? What happens when u install it in a adapter to PC.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

iverson3-1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
How did u pay him? When did you buy it? What happens when u install it in a adapter to PC.

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
I paid through PayPal it came in the mail yesterday i purchased it like a week ago. When i put it in the pc like all fake cards it reads like a legit card. Then i put more than 8gb on it and my media stops working when i put it in my phone.

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Quote:
I paid through PayPal it came in the mail yesterday i purchased it like a week ago. When i put it in the pc like all fake cards it reads like a legit card. Then i put more than 8gb on it and my media stops working when i put it in my phone.

Go to eBay report him. Then they will refund you. Don't communicate with seller. Let eBay resolve this. Tell them u contacted Samsung and they told you the card was fake. Most Samsung card come from Korea not china

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

iverson3-1
Old
(Last edited by iverson3-1; 19th February 2014 at 12:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Go to eBay report him. Then they will refund you. Don't communicate with seller. Let eBay resolve this. Tell them u contacted Samsung and they told you the card was fake. Most Samsung card come from Korea not china

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3

I was able to email Samsungs memory department with picture of the back of the SD Card and the serial number. They confirmed it is a fake. Now i just have to wait until the 25th to escalate the claim to ebay this should be more than enough proof for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gmail - [ANSWER]Can you confirm the authenticity of my 64GB Class 10 Micro SD Card i purchased o.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	2588174  

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Quote:
I was able to email Samsungs memory department with picture of the back of the SD Card and the serial number. They confirmed it is a fake. Now i just have to wait until the 25th to escalate the claim to ebay this should be more than enough proof for them.
You don't have to wait. Tell them you have proof from Samsung them self. Also send a copy thru eBay to seller so it shows you made attempt. He might just refund you right away

TWEAKED 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS