Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy note 10.1 stuck on boot screen

OP ESPORTIVA

7th April 2013, 01:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
So I'm having this problem that had just happened right now.

The tablet when turned off and charging will show the standard battery charging logo, but it won't go further than that. I can get it to the boot screen aswell however it won't get any further than that.

I can get into the Odin mode recovery thing

I'm using stock jelly bean, no root, nothing changed, completely stock
Last edited by ESPORTIVA; 7th April 2013 at 02:59 PM.
7th April 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPORTIVA

So I'm having this problem that had just happened right now.

The tablet when turned off and charging will show the standard battery charging logo, but it won't go further than that. I can get it to the boot screen aswell however it won't get any further than that.

I can get into the Odin mode recovery thing

I'm using stock jelly bean, no root, nothing changed, completely stock

When charging are you plugged into the computer or wall charger?

Have you tried the reboot from the recovery menu or have you tried a factory reset from that menu?

.
7th April 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

When charging are you plugged into the computer or wall charger?

Have you tried the reboot from the recovery menu or have you tried a factory reset from that menu?

.


Its in the wall charger

I can get into the Odin mode but it just says downloading do not turn off target
7th April 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPORTIVA

Its in the wall charger

I can get into the Odin mode but it just says downloading do not turn off target

Can you get into recovery mode? (holding down the Power button and Volume Up button together. Once the screen turns on, release only the Power button and keep holding down the Volume Up button until the your tablet is in Android Recovery Mode)

Looks something like this

Last edited by kkretch; 7th April 2013 at 04:45 PM.
7th April 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Can you get into recovery mode? (holding down the Power button and Volume Up button together. Once the screen turns on, release only the Power button and keep holding down the Volume Up button until the your tablet is in Android Recovery Mode)

Looks something like this


I've been trying that it's just stick on the same screen
7th April 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #6  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
What model note 10.1 do you have and what OS version are you on?

As you can get into the odin mode have you tried to flash the ROM you are currently on?

Have you tried to do an update over your computer with Kies?

Has your Note 10.1 ever been rooted and what was the last thing you did before turning it off to charge?
7th April 2013, 08:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

What model note 10.1 do you have and what OS version are you on?

As you can get into the odin mode have you tried to flash the ROM you are currently on?

Have you tried to do an update over your computer with Kies?

Has your Note 10.1 ever been rooted and what was the last thing you did before turning it off to charge?



The note 10.1 has never been rooted. Its the GT-N8010.

I'll try the update with kies
7th April 2013, 09:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

What model note 10.1 do you have and what OS version are you on?

As you can get into the odin mode have you tried to flash the ROM you are currently on?

Have you tried to do an update over your computer with Kies?

Has your Note 10.1 ever been rooted and what was the last thing you did before turning it off to charge?

just tried connecting to kies. it wont connect.


the last thing i did was read the news on the bbc app.

once i turned it off i didnt put it on charge
7th April 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
the tablet is stuck in a boot loop i think

running out of ideas
7th April 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #10  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Can you actually connect in odin from your computer.


Here is a link that may help you.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...te-10-1-a.html

It looks like they are saying to connect your Note to your computer in the odin mode, then start odin on your computer and flash the HighOnAndroidCWMRecoveryGTN8000.tar located in this file http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/G...xyNote10.1.zip then reboot into recovery and do a factory rest.

It may work but try at your own risk..... Update ...... as you are not rooted just send it in for repair or return it.
Last edited by kkretch; 8th April 2013 at 12:14 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to kkretch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes